iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » why no shue?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why no shue?
80sfanatic
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 13

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80sfanatic   Email 80sfanatic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im fairly new to this site, even though ive been a fan of this film for years. over recent weeeks in paticular ive rekindled my interest in this brillant film, yet one question bugs me as it always did: having been a main character and base of the plot in the first kk, why did elisabeth shue not act in kk2 etc?. this is inpaticular intrigueing as her career has gone rom strengh to strengh since 1984. does anyone know the reason?. keep watchin the films everyone, 80s rule!.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for yazdanid   Email yazdanid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elizabeth shue is not in it because they most probably couldn't afford her...didn't she do a whole bunch of successful movies after that one and her agent probably had bigger fish to fry.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't Elizabeth Shue in Big the following year with Tom Hanks. Did the careers of other actors who didn't appear in KK2 take off after their KK1 appearance.
Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Zabka
Rewind Curious
Member # 72

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Billy Zabka   Email Billy Zabka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She got too big in the industry to do a sequel. I hate it when I see actors forgetting their roots. She owes her career to the work we did on that film.
Posts: 2 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for yazdanid   Email yazdanid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy shouldn't you be out filming some cable mini-series or something? I love your work in Shootfighter (and the sequel) by the way. That was karate kid with balls. I recommend everyone rents it out on video (if all the copies at your local video stockist are on loan, I suggest looking through second hand stores, jumbles sales and the like for this gem)
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think she is as big now...her last semi-hit was hollowman! ..... *_*
Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Shecki
Senior Rewinder
Member # 491

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shecki   Email Shecki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that really Billy Z? Very cool.
Posts: 65 | From: adss,dssad,nC | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
dont be silly that isnt the real billy zabka...by the way ..my previous comment on this thread was laced with a heavy dose of irony which the amercians among you may have missed :)
Shecki
Senior Rewinder
Member # 491

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shecki   Email Shecki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first I thought it was sarcasm...but then I saw the "Shootfighter" comments. Ive never seen it or even heard of it, so I didn't know if you were just a fan or what. Europeans love the sarcasm. Americans usually pick it up...we just don't tend to give it any mind. Hope this helps.
Posts: 65 | From: adss,dssad,nC | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home