iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Ralph Macchio cousin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ralph Macchio cousin
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Cousin Vinny was on UK TV the other night. This is the only non Karate Kid film with Macchio that I have seen. Is this as good as it gets?

Ralph seemed to be trying to make himself look a bit older as he spent the first half of the film sporting a wispy moustache which just kind of looked like he had a small caterpillar sleeping on his top lip. I think someone forced him to shave for the second half of the film as he is back to his clean cut best.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Konfusion
Rewind Curious
Member # 309

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Konfusion   Email Konfusion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No hes in more movies I know hes in the Outsiders. I cant remember all of the other movies. It should be pretty easy to find out
Posts: 2 | From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is also in Crossroads it is about an old blues player and a young blues player looking for a lost blues song. It is pretty good :)But not too many more main stream movies or atleast I haven't seen any other ones(LOL)!! :)
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for yazdanid   Email yazdanid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like my cousin vinny..its a good film....he is obviously overshadowed hugely by Joe pesci but still nice 2 c him on the screen. He doesn't get many funny lines in that film though which is a shame.
crossroads and outsiders would be my recommendations for other Macchio films...he was in a film in 1999 that got a release but i cant say i heard or saw it at the time. he is probably having a swim in his money at the moment.

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
CruelSummer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 120

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CruelSummer   Email CruelSummer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read in Entertainment Weekly that he is now directing Independent Films. They say he does pretty good work and he looked pretty good in the picture that they showed of him.
Posts: 58 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ralph macchio rocks*_*
Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
KarateKidCan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 289

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KarateKidCan   Email KarateKidCan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was also in an excellent film called Distant Thunder with John Lithgow in 1988. The 1999 film has 2 names-Forever Together and Heaven Can Wait-also an excellent film. I'd love to see him in another KK film as a grownup. I think I'll write one.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Oct 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you check out the Karate Kid sequel currently posted on this site. Its set in present day and features grown-up LaRusso as the sensei, passing on Miyagi's wisdom.
Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home