iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » LOOKING TO WRITE SCREEN PLAY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LOOKING TO WRITE SCREEN PLAY
All Valley Champ
Rewind Curious
Member # 8379

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for All Valley Champ   Email All Valley Champ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there is a remake of the classic coming out soon, cant believe nobody would want to see a new film with Macchio playing Daniel and training someone new passing on Myagi's family legacy. i have tons of ideas looking for people to back me and looking for info to complete story line if intrested please email me serious responses only
Posts: 1 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's not really a remake. It's called The Kung Fu Kid. Where Jaden Smith goes to China, and is trained by Jackie Chan. I wouldn't exactly call that a remake.

Regarding Macchio taking up the master role, and training someone new. Well, in the eyes of the HLWD studio execs, Macchio is not really a bankable actor, or a star anymore. So I don't think that would ever happen.

If you need some pointers into writing a screen play/script, then feel free to ask me. I've written about ten or so. And have learned alot in the process.

regarding info on your story line, it depends on what info you're looking for. I would stick to reliable sources. For instance... if you need to research Okinawan Karate, don't go to wikipedia, go to the library, or a dojo, and ask for books on the subject. If you do use the internet, then check and cross check all the info from different sources. Research is important. It adds aythenticity and texture.

Good Luck

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home