iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Bullies (1986)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bullies (1986)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The peaceful Morris family moves to a small town and buy the town grocery store,
only to run into the Cullens, a family that's been bullying the townspeople for years,
and they begin to torment the Morrises every chance they get.

Bullies is a pretty entertaining action thriller directed by Paul Lynch (Prom Night).
Starring Jonathan Crombie, Olivia d'Abo, Janet-Laine Green, Stephen Hunter, Dehl Berti
and the vicious Cullen family William Nunn, Bill Croft, Adrien Dorval and Bernie Coulson.

Including quite good synth heavy soundtrack, super evil and brutal villains
and gorgeous Olivia d'Abo.

I think that the dvd is OOP right now, sad but true.

Movie trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRejWDvS1S0

-

[ 29. February 2012, 04:39: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im sure iv seen this but dont remember the title. Is there a chance it was called something different in australia?
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interested in seeing this. Heard good things about it.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NETFLIX has it. I rented it for next week.

By the way, this sounds an awfulk lot like the Lori Loughlin movie THE NEW KIDS, no? Wonder which came out first.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rented it years ago and mamamia is right that it reminds of "The New Kids" from 1985 with Lori Loughlin and James Spader. I actually thought "Bullies" was a better movie though.

Definitely out-of-print.. too bad.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good, like Olivia D'Abo.

Originally posted by Valley:
quote:
Definitely out-of-print.. too bad.

Its on youtube Val dude.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
btw, great poster aTomiK!

Most people think of Olivia d'Abo as Kevin's older sister from the "The Wonder Years" or the little girl from "Conan the Destoyer", but for me it his her roles in "Beyond the Stars" and "Bullies" that are most memorable.

And I'd probably rank her performance as Becky Cullen in "Bullies" as my fav.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
By the way, this sounds an awfulk lot like the Lori Loughlin movie THE NEW KIDS, no? Wonder which came out first.
New Kids came first. It was called 'Striking Back' in the UK.

quote:
or the little girl from "Conan the Destoyer"
Not so little as I recall! She was screwing her bodyguard!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good point .. I think she was around 15 when she filmed Conan. So maybe the word 'young' would have been more appropriate.

kash.. I just checked it out on youtube.. I'm not a huge fan of watching movies on there, but if it's out of print .. intermissions ever 11 minutes seem way less annoying. Thank for suggestion.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really enjoyed this one,like others i can see slight similarites between bullies and sean cunninghams new kids,must admit to liking new kids(one of my faves) more,but bullies is definitely worth picking up if you can,i'm just pleased i purchased bullies when it was first released on disc as i have just seen a new copy going for £143 uk pounds,fun film but not worth that extreme amount. hopefully it will be reissued at some point.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home