iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » 90's movies that introduced you to a great song (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 90's movies that introduced you to a great song
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's - reality bites like kevdug is it a good movie?,I had a chance of picking it up cheap way back but for some reason passed on it but since reading a couple of reviews and watching the trailer I've regretted it!

It won't let me access the video through the link kevdug,it might be a UK copyright issue!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched the trailer for a refresher warrior...my answer is...I have no foggy idea!! Believe it or not, this was also 20 years ago...I suspect I saw it then, but don't remember too much about it. The soundtrack was just always "there" among my CDs. May check it out again too. *I re-tried the clip and it seems to work. Try checking out the song through another link...a catchy tune!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was one of those uber-hip movies back in the day. Very very early 90's and navel gazey, with every character resembling a hipster philosopher. Having said that, I recall enjoying it, even if I didn't like the 'vibe' of the time.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers for your take on it Logan,i'll definitely check it out at some point!

-

https://youtu.be/NKK41Ixlj6E - deal for life by john waite from the 1990 tom cruise stock car racing drama - days of thunder.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's only one movie that immediately comes to mind..

-

David Lynch's Lost Highway (1997)

This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren : www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWKJ2FUiAQ

Eventually i did find the original vinyl album It'll End In Tears (1984)... in my own record collection !
Apparently i had this all along, even prior to watching Lost Highway..

Ah well, that happens sometimes.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc Hollywood
 -

A favorite film, introduced me to " I am the one and only"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fQRey3pwFUI

Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Doc Hollywood is a really fun film,been some years since I watched that,I like the - one and only Chesney hawkes track.

Here's a couple I like from 1999's Stigmata -

-

https://youtu.be/pgQutoNNDD4 - Identify by Natalie imbruglia.

https://youtu.be/__YHRv5VuDI - Mary,Mary by Chumbawamba

And

-

https://youtu.be/mOmdg3epcic - Fallin' by Teenage fan club from 1993's Judgment Night.

[ 08. March 2016, 16:14: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/TQIWZme11iw - I'm Awake Now by the Goo Goo Dolls from 1991's Freddy's Dead The Final Nightmare

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/i7a8Od1Jlrg - Come The Day by Midge Ure from 1990's fun futuristic action adventure Class Of 1999.

[ 20. October 2016, 16:51: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
There's only one movie that immediately comes to mind..

-

David Lynch's Lost Highway (1997)

This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren : www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWKJ2FUiAQ

Eventually i did find the original vinyl album It'll End In Tears (1984)... in my own record collection !
Apparently i had this all along, even prior to watching Lost Highway..

Ah well, that happens sometimes.. [Big Grin]

Excellent pick! I couldn't pick one favorite song from the Lost Highway Soundtrack as the whole thing is easily one of my favorite Sndtrks of the 90's. Not too surprising though considering I was already a pretty huge Trent Reznor & NIN fan at the time. But it did introduce me to the great German Industrial band that is Rammstein for the first time, as I'm sure it did many others as well.

-

Rammstein - Rammstein (Lost Highway Edit)

[ 23. October 2016, 15:32: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Found Rocky 5 overall to be a slightly disappointing sequel but one thing I did like about it was the end credits song by Elton John called Measure Of A Man - https://youtu.be/E4J-23XKYXk

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home