iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Return of the Living Dead 3 (1993)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Return of the Living Dead 3 (1993)
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Author's Homepage   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Return of the Living Dead 3...What can I say about this film? This installment of the movie series is less comedic, and more straight horror, even kind of romantic in a way when compared to it's prequels. Scarier than Hellraiser?? I don't know about that. But it's still a pretty damn good zombie flick if you ask me.

There's plenty of good gruesome eye candy in this one for anyone who's a fan of the classic blood n guts stuff. And as an added bonus, (for the guys mainly), the young, gothic vixen that is Melinda Clarke is certainly a sight to behold. Let's just say if you're like me, and you have a fantasy or two of the S&M persuasion...then you won't be disappointed here.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

So..Anyone else a fan of this movie?

[ 01. March 2012, 10:23: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1506 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was pleasantly surprised when I seen this one because I never got the fuss for the first one, although I can be very funny with outright comedy horror. Much prefer 'em straight. The effects were great [Smile] I haven't seen 2, 4 and 5. Are they more in the vein of 1?

[ 16. July 2011, 04:17: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 3229 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part 1 is definitely my favorite, and I have begun to really dislike part 2 over the years. I could never stand the third one. But for some reason, I've been thinking I need to go back and watch it now..to see what I think now.

Helen, 4 and 5 are bad.. but I was able to watch them, they made me laugh a bit. Peter Coyote is in both. 4 was better than 5, though.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Author's Homepage   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the reason why I like this one so much is because it's probably the most dramatic story-wise out of the whole series. Sure, the comedy/horror vibe of the first 2 films was cool. Well, it was in the first one anyway...Part 2 just sucks.

But, I like the way they completely changed it up in this one and went back to straight horror/gore. And I like the way they threw the young teenage love story into the mix too.

Overall, the film does still come off as pretty campy & cheesy. But, if you're a fan of either part 1 or 2, then you probably won't enjoy this one as much.

And Helen, I haven't seen part 5. But part 4 is along the same lines as this one, less comedic and more horror...but it is not as good IMO.

[ 02. March 2012, 06:58: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1506 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own Return of the Living Dead 3 R2 UK dvd and i think that it´s a good movie.
It´s going to get a scandi dvd release later this year.

Posts: 5267 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As mentioned several times, I'm a huge fan of the original "The Return of the Living Dead" and I still enjoy part 2 because they brought back James Karen and Thom Mathews. It just couldn't seem to find the same mix of comedy/horror as the original though. But I still like it second best... but it leaned too far to comedy for me to conaider it a classic.

Couldn't really get into part 3, but it is way better than 4! I could see horror fans that don't like the comedy element of the first two film probably enjoying part 3 more though.

[ 17. July 2011, 19:17: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried watching this one again recently and it bored me right to sleep.

Valley, I can easily watch part 4 over 3.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home