iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Wedding Singer.....a great 80s movie that isn't 80s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Wedding Singer.....a great 80s movie that isn't 80s
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Wedding Singer........there are few movies I feel now capture what I love so much about 80s movies as well as the Wedding Singer.....well man it came out in 1998...that was 13 years ago???? that's crazy to me! I saw it in the theater with a bunch of friends and I actually fought them about the fact "that was not really Billy Idol" I was totally wrong.

The sdtrk is awesome and spawned a second sdtrk right? and a musical......seriously who doesn't know the words to "Grow Old with You"?

You fell hook line and sinker for the characters.......even though it could be percieved as "over the top" making the 80s jokes and references, it wasn't for me......because it was done right, by people that obviously loved the 80s. Example 'Hot Tub Time Machine....ok movie but badddddddddd job tying in the 80s stuff.

So who's up for watching this classic again....I'll pay you in meatballs? [Smile]

-

-

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You hit two cones, the could have been members of the bridal party. They were cooonnne.

I love this movie.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robbie & Juuuuuuliaaaa [Big Grin] haha!

i'm so glad we watched this. one of my favorite parts of the movie and when we all watched, was when Robbie plays his Linda song for Jules and we all were quoting the lyrics ha..."Somebody Kill Me Please."

glad we all agreed that Linda and Glen were both creeps.

Muffy.. like i said, i so thought that Billy was a look-a-like in this. [Embarrassed] haha

all the music numbers are too funny, including the tunes.

*You Make My Dreams
*Love My Way
*Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
*99 Luftballons
*Hold Me Now (whooooooaaaaa)

i remember looking up reviews for the musical because it was coming here and they weren't very good, so i didn't get tickets. but i wanted to see it!

Sandler and Barrymore were adorable together in this one. gotta love the ending, when all of us were doing the "Awwwww" thing together ha. [Smile]

[ 04. June 2011, 12:04: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

You hit two cones, the could have been members of the bridal party. They were cooonnne.

I love this movie.

We are DEVO

I love this quote!! I always say that..."They were cooonnes..."
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I had a blast watching "The Wedding Singer" last night.  

-

Sharing it with friends gave me a new appreciation of 80's fashion that this movie nailed perfectly.  The thin ties, the neon shirts, the headbands, suspenders, stylish earrings, Don Johnson, Madonna, MJ,   etc.

-

But what really caught my attention was a discussion about Patrick Nagel art .. just totally 80's in my opinion.  See above on the walls of the dance club from the movie.

Patrick Nagel Art Gallery  

We all enjoyed the tunes throughout the movie.  It was seriously like a slumber party where we all joked around and then even started dancing at certain points of the movie.  

The montage to Hall & Oates "You Make My Dreams Come True" was just so much fun.

Ronnie.. already pointed it out.. but the chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore was amazing.  You truly felt like they were a real couple.

-

I had to swipe Muffs pic from above because this is still one of my fav quotes from the movie:

'Hey, psycho - I'm not gonna feel better about this,  it's over. Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up. '

-

Everyone knows by now that I love to dance and I must say that the scenes at Spanky's totally reminded me of a great dance club from the 80's.

-

In the infamous words of Ronnie Miller and Ren McCormack .. "Let's dance!"

[ 05. June 2011, 05:44: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Cindy that is my favorite line of the movie. I also love " I got a song for you wedding singer, how about I got punched in the face for stocking my nose, in other people's business.

Sounds like a country song.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I adore the wedding singer, one of my faves, all the cheesy 80s music, clothes and hair
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

Cindy that is my favorite line of the movie. I also love " I got a song for you wedding singer, how about I got punched in the face for stocking my nose, in other people's business.

Sounds like a country song.

We are DEVO

Great minds Devo!!

"I used to be alot stronger..."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Valley, I'm thinking of upgrading to the Blu-Ray for this...is it worth it IYO?
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a big Wedding Singer poster on the wall at the end of my bed. I wake up to Robbie Hart everyday [Smile] I have so much love for this film....I may marry it myself. Anyone know a good wedding singer??? NOT Lovitz!!! haha.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever I hear "Ladies night.......oh yes the feeling's right" I dance and make finger guns.......can't help it!!

Love the fact you wake up to Robbie Hart EA love it!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:

I had to swipe Muffs pic from above because this is still one of my fav quotes from the movie:

'Hey, psycho - I'm not gonna feel better about this,  it's over. Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up. '

That's probably gotta be my favorite line too. Though we all know it wasn't REALLY the end of the band..but the irony is still funnier than hell..heh.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home