iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » what about 70's Music? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what about 70's Music?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
My daughter's birthday is coming up so I went on the BILLBOARD website to look at the charts to get some ideas on what kind of music to play at her party. I know this is a matter of opinion but WOW - MUSIC TODAY SUCKKKKS! NELLY? SUGARLAND?PARAMORE?LADY GAGA?THE TING TINGS? No thanks!
About the only thing on there I could stand to listen to for more than 10 seconds was CASCADA...and a lot of THEIR songs are remakes!

If it's her party shouldn't you cave in for a few hours and play the music her and her friends like to listen to?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were me....I'd take the opportunity to expose other kids to better music...so play the stuff that's actually good. You'll be surprised.

I played all 80's stuff and most of the songs ...kids knew them...and liked them...one kid brought a CD of new stuff...and he tried to play it...and everyone said that it stunk, and put the other stuff back on.

I know one year at Halloween...the kids were so excited that I played a CD that cindymancini made, and it had songs like Don't Fear the Reaper (the original), Thriller and Somebody's Watching Me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kids need to be exposed to new stuff otherwise it's like they are living in a cave. There is some good modern music out there. I can't think of one kid I know who likes 70s music although I do lol.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'd let her listen to what she liked. Motley, I don't know any kids who like 70s music, either. Some like 80s, those who have the younger moms who grew up during that time.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the soul music that came out in the 70's: Stevie Wonder, Al Green, Earth Wind & Fire, etc. I love alot of the soft rock stuff already mentioned in a couple of posts. I'm a huge disco fan as well.
Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OhmyGod, I LOVE EARTH WIND & FIRE! I saw them in concert a few summers back and they were awesome! I definately recommend checking them out to anybody who likes '70s music and a good show.

I love Al Green. Lets Stay Together was my Wedding Song.

I also love ELO. Everytime I throw a party my friends joke "Did you hire ELO to play?"

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play the 70's XM Radio station all night long...this morning I woke up to hearing "You and Me" by Alice Cooper. I have heard this song many times...but I never knew that's who was singing it.

I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_15VPVK6MEI

Can you imagine if Alice Cooper and Elvira got together?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got dibs on Elvira
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always had a weird crush on Alice Cooper. When you read/see interviews with him he seems like a real down-to-Earth guy (unlike say Marilyn Manson who wants you to think he acts, looks and dresses like that 24-7)I remember reading that Pat Boone lived next door to Ozzy and said that they were terrible neighbors and then he said he had had Alice Cooper as a neighbor and that they were the perfect neighbors! Can you imagine Alice Cooper movin in next door to you? hahaha.

Its weird you would mention the XM channels ...whenever I make my daughter and husband breakfast on the weekend I put the XM '70s channel on. My husband is usually at work so we hardly ever have dinner together , but when we DO I put the XM '70s channel on. I cant stand to eat in silence!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Alice Cooper is a very intelligent and articulate person along with being a very good golfer. He knows how to separate the real life Alice from his on stage personna.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
We were joking about asking Eddie Money to come to our room and party with us...and my one friend said it would be like in Wayne's World, where they thought how awesome it would be to party with Alice Cooper...and then they go to his hotel room and they are reading history stuff-like it would not be so cool, or like what you'd imagine it would be to party like a Rock Star... "We're not Worthy!"...

Alice's Cooper's wife Sherry seems to be pretty cool, I saw her on a special on Rock Star wives...she looks like Holly Hunter....and he was talking about groupies and how that he knows they don't want him for him...they want the whole package he puts out there. He seemed like he was about his music and theatrics.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I always say....most "rockers" are the nicest and most "normal" people you will ever meet. On stage is 90% an act.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home