iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Vicious Lips

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vicious Lips
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't know where we are man.. but it ain't heaven"

-

"Vicious Lips" is a cult classic.. a SciFi Comedy that is so bad it is actually incredibly entertaining.  Set in the distant future, it still had such an 80's fashion flair and feel.  For fans of the Cantina scenes in the original "Star Wars" movie this wacky flick is a must view.  I totally enjoyed all the references to space adventure movies/tv shows from the past.  Let me put it this way.. the main character in the movie is named Judy Jetson and you will see a "Danger Will Robinson" if you watch closely.

-

Here's the premise:

An out-of-this-world girl band has a chance for their shot at the big time -- if they can manage to get to the galaxy's hottest night spot, the Radioactive Dream, in time for their gig in this campy sci-fi comedy. But first, they'll have to fight their way through a meteor field, deal with a crash landing on a isolated planet, and manage to avoid a crazied Venusian man-beast who's escaped his cell on his way to prison..

-

Two things that make this movie totally worth watching are:  the incredible tunes throughout and the fact it only lasts 75 minutes!  

"We're a band Judy.. a band has got to stick together."

-

Lunar Madness!!  

This movie would have made for a great 80's music video.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone tell me why I have never seen this before? It looks amazing. A thousand thank yous, Val.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks can be deceiving! But if you love music videos gone bizarre.. this if for you.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It looks amazing.

Looks can be deceiving!

It has '80's poster syndrome'; great posters for what are essentially terrible films.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen this one but i love Albert Pyun flicks!
They never released Vicious Lips here so it´s pretty impossible for me to get.

The visual style of the film and the soundtrack must be fantastic.
I loved the Sue Saad and Jill Jaxx tracks in Radioactive Dreams
and this includes more tunes from them.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!!!

This movie is on Netflix instant watch right now I started it last night and finished it this morning.....it's exactly what Valley said...the music alone really is worth watching it for.....you have to go into it knowing it will be cheesy and "b" movie.....

I can't get this song out of my head though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jobtbkk6psI

it has lines and scenes where you go "what?? why did they even say that" lol

the chicks are actually pretty hot!

I really would recommend a late night viewing for you guys.............I'll say it again..............even just for the MUSIC!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've watched it twice since Valley made this thread. I might have a case of Lunar Madness.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this looks sorta familiar...like a video I might have passed by in the video store on several occasions. But it looks to be worth a gander...I'll have to check this out too.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have Save Me in my head!!

"Save me.....somebody save me........caught up in a chain reaction........"

LOVE IT!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm stoked that this bizarre gem has found a Rewind audience.

The title and the tunes make it worth the time investment. And Muffy is right.. at 2am this movie is an 80's mind melt that sticks with you far beyond the first viewing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home