iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Back To The Future coming back to the cinema

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back To The Future coming back to the cinema
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry USA, this is good news for UK fans only...

"While this news might seem really cool, it's also really depressing.

For the 25th anniversary of BACK TO THE FUTURE, the film will be re-releasing in cinemas. But unfortunately not in the good ol' US of A.

Apparently we aren't cool enough here in the States for something this epic to happen to us. You know what we get? A blu-ray release of the original film on October 26th. Sigh. Better than nothing? Eh. I'd rather see it in theaters.

The re-release poster borrows from the original as you can see. I do appreciate the effort, but I like the original poster more. For those of you in the UK, consider yourselves lucky.

I've also included this really cool infograph via /Film. Designer Sean Mort put this thing together in an effort to better understand the timelines of all three films, "I watched the films yesterday and set about trying to make sense of the timeline. So I searched online and a lot of the information was very detailed so I set about trying to simplify it whilst still keeping the main elements. So it’s fairly condensed due to design and space constraints but it’s also fairly comprehensive. Most of the information was lifted then compressed from here." [SOURCE: JOBLO.COM]

You're My...You're My Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps we should then contact Universal and demand they do this globally; certainly a lot of our favorites from the decade would do well in theaters again if given a chance (especially given what they'd be up against these days...)
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's playing in Chicago at the Music Box Theatre too [Smile]
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vote goes to New Beverly Cinema to play all three movies for its 25th Anniversary.
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow! That's so cool!

I think I did see BTTF in the cinemas when it was originally released, definitely saw the 2nd & 3rd on the big screen.

My brother is a huge BTTF fan and just emailed him about it, I can't recall him telling me about it so if not he's gonna get an email to make him very happy [Smile]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I was 10 when I saw it in the movies. It was amazing then. One of the great summer memories to have.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait. [Big Grin]
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be a blast to see it on the big screen again.

Veronica.. when is it playing in Chicago?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made my day.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, I believe it's playing on August 27th and 28th.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add me to the list of jealous people and US release hopefuls. Looks like I might have to fly to Chicago so I can sit behind Valley and Veronica and bug them.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:
Add me to the list of jealous people and US release hopefuls. Looks like I might have to fly to Chicago so I can sit behind Valley and Veronica and bug them.

Keep banging the backs of their seats and talk a lot, then keep saying "What happened? Who's that?" because you aren't paying attention.

Remember; make sure that the money you've spent going to the cinema is 100% wasted. Don't miss an opportunity to do the exact opposite of what you should be doing to enjoy the film. And then when the movie's over, walk out complaining it wasn't any good.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checked my local cinema and BTTF is going to be showing there from 1st october...can't wait.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Keep banging the backs of their seats and talk a lot, then keep saying "What happened? Who's that?" because you aren't paying attention.

This is exactly what I had in mind - you're a little devil, Logan [Big Grin]

So did you guys make it to the show or what? How was it?

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not make it to Chicago for the BTTF screening.. would have been fun. Also, crashed and burned on a last minute attempt to visit my bro in Ft. Lauderdale to attend the Tears For Fears concert tonight. My consolation prize is still looking pretty sweet though.. Aerosmith at Riverbend on Thursday night!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Valley, you didn't miss anything. I was all ready to head out to the theatre on Friday, until the friend that was going with me logged onto the Music Box website and found out that it was re-scheduled and they were playing Gleaming the Cube instead.

It will now be playing on September 3rd and 4th instead.

They are also doing a pretty awesome 1 day marathon of horror movies in October. Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Pet Semetary, Psycho, Phantom of the Opera, Fright Night, and others! I think the directors of Killer Klowns are going to be there as special guests as well.

Music Box Massacre 6

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read that all other release dates anywhere in the world were cancelled....gonna show one screening only in Nova Scotia, Canada...I have a nice little camp on a lake...you guys are all welcome to crash there for the night!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Remember; make sure that the money you've spent going to the cinema is 100% wasted. Don't miss an opportunity to do the exact opposite of what you should be doing to enjoy the film. And then when the movie's over, walk out complaining it wasn't any good.

My favorite trick is to pull out a blood-flecked handkerchief before the movie begins, start coughing into it horrifically, and have your companion say loudly, "I'm not sure we should have come here since you are still contagious." It's guaranteed to (a) bug people in the cinema; and (b) insure that you will have the row, as well as the ones in front and behind you, clear.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Also, crashed and burned on a last minute attempt to visit my bro in Ft. Lauderdale to attend the Tears For Fears concert tonight.

No way, Valley! I'm getting ready for that show right now (it's not for a couple more hours but picking out an outfit, makeup, and hair takes a while). We could've had a beer together and then bumped fists when they started in on 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World'. Next time you think about coming this way, drop me a line [Smile]
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my tickets are booked, Going to see this after work in Telford tonight, Can't wait. Sadly its only part 1, I was hoping for a 1,2,3 Matanee, but its not to be. I know I have all the films on VHS, Dvd and ordered on Blu Ray, But damn, I cant miss one of my fav films in the cinema. Anyone else going to see it. I cant be the only one in the UK.

[ 03. October 2010, 06:47: Message edited by: Cowboy10uk ]

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few are gonna. There's another thread about the uk showings in the Rewind social club section [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the Future is showing in U.S. theaters. October 23 & 25 here is the link:

http://www.amctheatres.com/Movies/Back_to_the_Future/?tab=1

I already got my tickets by walking in the theater and purchasing them through their customer service counter.

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home