iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The In Crowd (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The In Crowd
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

When the legendary D*ck Clark passed away recently my first thoughts were of American Bandstand and D*ck Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve. I can remember my Mom swooning over D*ck Clark being an ageless wonder in her eyes when I was a kid.

Hearing the news of D*ck Clark's passing was not shocking to me because most of us saw first hand the struggles he endured over his last several years every New Year's Eve, but it still evoked memories of my youth and how this iconic figure touched me.

Which is why I posted this here! You see D**k Clark is all over "The In Crowd" .. referred to often and he was almost an obsession of Perry Parker because D*ck Clark had achieved the success that Perry Parker desperately seeked.

So if you haven't seen "The In Crowd", I highly recommend it. The movie is currently available on Netflix and I encourage everyone that is a fan of D*ck Clark or Perry Parker to take a few minutes this flashback Saturday morning and at least watch the beginning. [Cool]

"Oh, Chuck, I Just need to see the end of American Bandstand."

Most people know that I'm a huge fan of the movie "Can't Buy Me Love" as well. And one of my favorite lines when I see someone on tv that just can't dance .. I'm quick to utter the infamous Chuckie Miller line:

"Now that ain't D*ck Clark!" [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home