iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » It Takes Two (1988)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It Takes Two (1988)
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 1badgmc   Email 1badgmc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone ever seen this one? I know it's not on DVD, but it has been broadcast on MGM HD recently, although I don't have the channel. I'd love to find a torrent of it to download.

Not to be confused with the cutesy Olsen twins movie of the same title from the '90s, this movie is about a guy, Travis, who is about to be married to the daughter of a rich oil baron or something. He just bought a new, expensive sports car (Lamborghini Countach, although I'm convinced the actual movie car is just a kit car) and has traveled to pick it up. The car turns out to be a rolling hunk of junk. I remember a scene where the mechanic pulls a part off the engine and says it came from a '57 Chevy. All sorts of chaos and explosions ensue and the movie ends with the car sitting outside a roadside motel while Travis and the girl are inside.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095384/

[ 01. January 2010, 08:45: Message edited by: 1badgmc ]

Posts: 33 | From: WF, TX | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seen this movie a few times and like it a lot.
Posts: 312 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen it..Sounds cool though, will have to check it out.
Posts: 727 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoyed George Newbern in "Adventures In Babysitting" and he was entertaining in "It Takes Two", but overall it not a movie that I would watch over and over. If you're a George Newbern fan you might want to check
it out though.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George Newbern was pretty hot in the 80's. Loved him in "Adventures in Babysitting!" Maybe I should check it out.
Posts: 727 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kimberly Foster was super hot as the car salesperson.
Posts: 312 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob...I think she had a small part in "One Crazy Summer" too.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 1badgmc   Email 1badgmc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Bob...I think she had a small part in "One Crazy Summer" too.

Yep. She played Cookie, the hot girlfriend of the bad guy.
Posts: 33 | From: WF, TX | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched It Takes Two yesterday and it was pretty good.
George Newbern was good, Leslie Hope was ok and Kimberly Foster... well let´s just say that she was superhot [Cool]

-

Always liked Barry Corbin and he was solid once again.

I loved the crazy dream sequences, cool Dallas city lights
and i loved that Lamborghini.

-

You can also hear some cool music like Joe Satriani and The Power Station on the soundtrack.

The Power Station - Some Like It Hot

It Takes Two trailer

Finnish VHS cover art:

-

Original movie poster:

-

[ 21. February 2012, 00:10: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 5387 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked this movie!

George Newborn is such a doofass but you gotta love him in this one?! (he was a hunk in Adventures in Babysitting)

The 80's car dealership and Kimberley Foster's outfits are so 80's.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
I really wish they would release this movie on DVD.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Author's Homepage   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I've seen this one...think I'll have to hunt this one down.
Posts: 1532 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

18 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
George Newborn is such a doofass but you gotta love him in this one?! (he was a hunk in Adventures in Babysitting)
Muff, if you haven't already seen it you should check out 'Double Switch'. It's a Disney TV movie that stars Newborn and Elizabeth Shue (dating maybe?)
Posts: 3007 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 18  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Jedi
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'd like to see this one ,looks like a fun movie,plus i see it's directed by david beaird the director of the classic t&a comedy the party animal ,this one seems quite hard to get hold of and i can't recollect it being released in the uk whatsoever!
Posts: 1477 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this movie...it's been a long time since I've watched it.

Totally agree about george newborn in adventures in babysitting....so hot.

Now I wanna watch this!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home