iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » best closing line in an 80s film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best closing line in an 80s film
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm torn between 2 obvious choices personally, namely:

-"Roads? Where we're going,we don't need roads."

and

-"I LOVE THIS TOWN!!! (cue Ray Parker, Jr. full blast)

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fast Eddie Felson in The Color of Money:

"Hey....I'm back!"

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a few favorites:

“I know the perfect place, you guys will love it. Trust me.” (Beverly Hills Cop)

"I don't have to see it, Dottie. I lived it." (Pee Wee's Big Adventure)

“You be careful out among them English.” (Witness)

“I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12. Jesus, does anyone?” (Stand By Me)

“One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.” (The Lost Boys)

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"God I love this street!" (The Burbs)
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple:

"Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain... an athlete... a basket case... a princess... and a criminal. Does that answer your question?... Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club."

Only one that comes close is "You look good wearing my future"

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"By the way, I charged the entire vacation to Mr. Underhill's American Express Card. Want the number?"

and, of course...

"My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment. I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?"

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Roads? Where we're going,we don't need roads."

Yup...a bit obvious, but that's the first one that comes to mind for me!

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt Dillon's voiceover from Drugstore Cowboy

Bob: "I was still alive. Hope they can keep me alive."

Ramirez: "Patience, Highlander. You have done well. But it'll take time. You are generations being born and dying. You are at one with all living things. Each man's thoughts and dreams are yours to know. You have power beyond imagination. Use it well, my friend."

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philblankenship
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7563

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for philblankenship   Author's Homepage   Email philblankenship   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You're working for me now."

from To Live and Die in L.A.

Posts: 30 | From: hollywood | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

"For years I wouldn't kiss her face, and now I kiss her a.."

Easy Money.

Good Topic.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic and GREAT closing lines all!! BTTF and Breakfast Club are so perfect aren't they?! Lost Boys, Stand By Me, Color of Money, Pee Wee and Ghostbuster...all awesome, i love it!

A few other cool ones that I love:

“It's too bad she won't live -- but then again, who does?” (Blade Runner)

“As for the Road Warrior... he lives now, only in my memory...” (Road Warrior)

“What did he just say?”
- “He said there's a storm coming in.”
- “I know.” (Terminator)

“Do you think you'd be happy doing that?”
- “Well, I don't know. What are the hours?” (This is Spinal Tap)

"Grandpa, maybe you could come over and read it again to me tomorrow."
"As you wish." (The Princess Bride)

“They say they're going to repeal Prohibition. What will you do then?”
“I think I'll have a drink.” (The Untouchables)

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esmagnus
Master Rewinder
Member # 8099

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for esmagnus   Author's Homepage   Email esmagnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

-

Posts: 171 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home