iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Shock Treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shock Treatment
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched half of this awful, awful, truly awful sequel to "Rocky Horror Picture Show" the other night. Well, when I say I watched it, I mean we sat through half of it before giving up.

The only saving grace it had was that the music was actually OK, and the girl playing Janet had a really nice singing voice. Barry Humphries was an embarassment.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow i didn't even know there was a sequel to rocky horror stitch? but since you said it was terrible i won't be watching it any time soon! lol thanks dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was ok. Certainly a lot weirder than Rocky. It isn't really a sequel sequel. Yeah it has a couple of the same character names but it can just be viewed as a standalone film.

[ 31. March 2009, 14:34: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 3814 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
I watched half of this awful, awful, truly awful sequel to "Rocky Horror Picture Show"

Didn't think they could make one worse than the first. [Razz]

Ooooh, I'm gonna catch hell for saying that. Sorry, I hated the original. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto... [Eek!]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Following on from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", this musical is set several years later in Brad and Janet Majors' hometown - which has become a giant TV station;
residents are either participants or viewers. They are married now, but their romance has fallen on the rocks.
Ostensibly to fix their marriage, Brad is imprisoned on the program "Dentonvale" (the local mental hospital) while Janet is conscripted to become a new star.
As Janet is entranced by the high life, she forgets Brad. Who is trying to woo her away?" (IMDb)

Just watched Shock Treatment and it´s just as good as Rocky Horror IMO.
Enter Cliff De Young and lovely Jessica Harper (Suspiria, Phantom of the Paradise) as Brad and Janet, they did a great job!

Loved the rocking tunes, the amazing settings and the whole cast. Recommended!

Posts: 7026 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home