iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Trick or Treat (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Trick or Treat
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have't seen it LOL.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Thanks 80'sRocked and Crash for reminding me to finally dig out my old vhs tape of "Trick or Treat" to watch this Halloween season.  I was gonna post about it on the Scary Movie thread, but then I remembered the awesome pics that were posted here!

-

For anyone not knowing much about the movie "Trick or Treat" .. here's a few tidbits:

Marc Price (Skippy from "Family Ties") plays our headbanger, Eddie 'Ragman' Weinbauer. Price does the transition from outcast shy guy to badboy headbanger awesomely.  

Glen Morgan plays Weinbauer's friend, Roger.  Morgan is endearing and gives a good amount of emotion in portraying the concerned buddy.  Thought it was hilarious when Roger gets excited about telling Eddie that he just got a 'new' phone feature ... 'call waiting'  ha!

"Mom? Stan's here!" .. "What a hunk!"

Leslie --Eddie's love interest-- is played by Lisa Orgolini. Does anyone else think that she's a headbanger disguised in mall clothes? My thought here is that when Roger goes up to the boombox to play the Sammi Curr tape at the Halloween dance, she pops up behind him all interested, asking: 

“Judas? Are you playing some Judas Priest?” 

Then we have Doug Savant playing Tim, the prep that gives Eddie a hard time for no apparent reason. When I heard him say “Did the headbanger bang his head?” I cracked up.   Gotta give Savant credit though .. he played the preppy jerk flawlessly.

-

Sammi Curr played by the late Tony Fields was previously best recognized as a dancer on the tv show "Solid Gold" and on Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and "Thriller" videos. He only has a few creepy lines, but he makes the most of them.  I read once that the Curr role was originally offered to W.A.S.P. frontman, Blackie Lawless, who turned it down. I really enjoyed Tony Fields as Curr though .. He definitely  ignites the atmosphere at the Halloween school dance!  But, I actually wanted to hear a few tunes by The Kickers first.

Also, as mentioned earlier in this thread .. Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons are outstanding in small roles in this film.    

This movie is a perfect to watch as a double feature with the film playing at the local theater in the movie .. "Lunch of the Dead".. wait, I prefer "Dance of the Dead" for my date night. [Wink]

In the true spirit of Halloween.. all I can think to say after watching "Trick or Treat" is:

"Wake up sleepyheads .. It's party time.. Horns high for Sammi Curr!!” [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home