iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Help Please...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Please...
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys..just wondering if you can help me start to compile a list of some of the more obscure 80's movies...ones like Modern Girls, Electric Dreams, RAD, etc. I must be edging towards (170) 80's movies on DVD, but there seem to be lots of the less "mainstream" stuff that I'm missing. I'm jealous when I see you guys talking about all these movies that sound really good...and I simply hadn't heard of them. I don't have the time to sift through tons of old threads to complie my own list (should have been doing this from the beginning). But I figured you guys wouldn't mind helping me out. So please start listing some of the essentials for me....thanks.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be glad to help, but what is obscure to one is a cherished fav to another, so I wouldn't know where to start.

170 is quite a few 80's movies, so it might be best for us all to just start naming a couple we think are obscure but good and you say 'seen it' or 'added to my list'.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well..I'll start off by listing off some random obscure, or not-so-obscure..(I don't know), movies I own and still enjoy...I hope it helps you out.

Brainstorm
Body Double
Summer School
Can't Buy Me Love
Arthur
Like Father, Like Son
Just one of the guys
Spaceballs
Wargames
Willow
Puppet Master
Little Monsters
The Wizard
Garbage Pail Kids
Howard the Duck
My Science Project
Blade Runner
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Enemy Mine

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys...maybe obscure was the wrong word....the 80's movies I have are very mainstream...out of 170...most have probably heard of them; Goonies, Valley Girl, Breakfast Club, Karate Kid, Gremlins, Ghostbusters, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, etc, etc. "Hidden Gems" might be a better choice of words...some of the less mainstream stuff...hope that helps...thanks Valley.

Thanks Pyro..these are the ones I've not seen or heard of:

Brainstorm
Body Double
Little Monsters
The Wizard
My Science Project

Oficially on my list....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deadly Friend
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if these are very obscure, but here are some good comedies:

The Hollywood Knights
The Whoopee Boys
Born in East L.A.
Disorderlies
Stewardess School

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood Knights is classic.

One of the guys from my favourite watering hole became friends because of Hollywood Knights quotes.

Another one of those classic movies like American Graffiti and Dazed and Confused that takes place in a less than 24 hour timeframe.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuy Sammy Hain:
Hollywood Knights is classic.

It is a brilliant classic, but I am always amazed at how many people have never seen it or even heard about it. It's not even listed on the Rewind movies page. I need to write a review for this soon.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Thanks guys...I own Deadly Friend but haven't seen it yet. I've seen Born In East L. A.. The others I have not heard of...keep em comin'...
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands down one of the funniest 80s movies...
What a cast of actors that later became big stars as well...

Robert Wuhl ... Newbomb Turk
Tony Danza ... Duke
Fran Drescher ... Sally
Stuart Pankin ... Dudley Laywicker
Michelle Pfeiffer ... Suzie Q

Some of the funniest lines in any movie...

Bimbeau (the cop): Lemme tell you buttholes somethin'! This sh1t's wwaaayyyyy outta line! And you squirrels better have some nuts in your mouth... or you're goin' downtown!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Misunderstood
Mosquito Coast
The Wraith
Cloak & Dagger
Wildcats
White Water Summer
Project X

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about..

Shag
Cousins
Against All Odds

Hope these help. I'll keep thinking of others.

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, just thought of Smooth Talk and Foxes as well.
Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home