iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Flashback Edition DVD's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flashback Edition DVD's
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Weird Science are due 5th Aug '08

All include special features and DTS sound. The Breakfast Club even includes a commentary with Anthony Michael Hall & Judd Nelson! A box set of all 3 will be available the same date.

As always, more details + prices from the Retro Assistant Here ...

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuroraD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6828

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AuroraD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been searching for a copy of the Breakfast club forever!! Thank you!!
Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this set called "The Brat Pack Collection" (The Breakfast Club/ Sixteen Candles/ Weird Science)

This was the earlier release of this 3 pack...

So they are re-releasing this with the extras... I'll have to look at it. [Smile]

Thanks Nick!

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it's a mind scrambler seeing different box art for these flicks. I will be a sucker and end up getting these for the special features alone...John Hughes is a God!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Wow, it's a mind scrambler seeing different box art for these flicks. I will be a sucker and end up getting these for the special features alone...John Hughes is a God!

You know John Hughes reads this. Right? [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:

Oh yeah, totally! That's why I wrote it. It all a part of my daily worship and devotion to the enigma that is John Hughes [Big Grin] .
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:

Oh yeah, totally! That's why I wrote it. It all a part of my daily worship and devotion to the enigma that is John Hughes [Big Grin] .
Well put... [Smile] I'll pass it along... [Smile]
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wow, it's a mind scrambler seeing different box art for these flicks.

I giggled like crazy that you worked mind scrambler in there [Smile]

Kudos!

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait.
I brought the High School Reunion boxset with all 3 movies but i will be getting my hands on the new boxset as soon as it is released.
Can't wait to see the features.

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope the features improve... or at least that the 'featurettes' are comprehensive. The only feature I really like the look of is the Judd/Anthony commentary, but it just makes me want the other cast too: Where's Ally? Molly? Emilio? What about other commentaries for the other movies?

And more importantly, why doesn't the man himself - big John - get involved? There are all these special editions coming out of the woodwork (along with Pretty in Pink and Some Kind of Wonderful), and he seems to be completely absent from all of them. I get the impression he has nothing to do with them, and they’re all studio ‘money’ releases. In fact, it seems to me that the only feature he ever really did was a commentary for Ferris Bueller, and that was well before the old 'double-dip' had become standard. Come on John! Show some love for your own movies! Show some love for the fans!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah... Couldn't agree more Logan.. Show us the love big John...
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home