iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Your embarassing 80's crush (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Your embarassing 80's crush
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always thought that Betty Rubble was hotter than Wilma Flintstone... That Barney is one lucky SOB!!! [Cool]

-

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only in the cartoon. jdocster04.

Can't imagine why, when the producers of the live action movie saw the drawing above, they immediately thought "Ah - an ideal role for that fine and ever so slender actress, Rosie O'Donnell...."

WTF?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:
Only in the cartoon. jdocster04.

Can't imagine why, when the producers of the live action movie saw the drawing above, they immediately thought "Ah - an ideal role for that fine and ever so slender actress, Rosie O'Donnell...."

WTF?

I was very confused by that as well... [Confused]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the scene in one episode of 'Red Dwarf' (British Sci-fi comedy, for those not in the know) where Lister and Cat are sat watching The Flintstones. They both reckoned that Wilma was the most incredible woman ever, before saying that fantasizing over her was "pointless - after all, she'd never leave Fred".

Lister then asked Cat what he thought of Betty. His answer : "Well, i'd go with Betty - but I'd be thinking of Wilma!"

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
I don't know... I still think Betty is the winner...

you know, the thing about Wilma... she's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes.
 -

This is just wrong!!!
 -

Now in this case, you might have something...
 -

But then again...
 -

[Cool]

MooseCrack
Rewinder
Member # 6604

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MooseCrack   Email MooseCrack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...............I liked Booger too >_<
Same reasons I suppose.
And I liked Charlie Sheen in Ferris Bueller.

Posts: 38 | From: CT | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think I was ever embarrassed about Debbie Gibson. I think all of my friends knew I wanted to have "relations" with her. I didn't like her music, but I sure did like her.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You dorks...a cartoon......?? [Smile]

Hmmm I can't think of a cartoon crush for me?

Moosecrack, Booger is mine! haha...mine I tell you.......I knew I wasn't the only one [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:

Cartoons need love too... [Smile]
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was the only cartoon crush I ever had [Razz]

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:

And we're just the guys to give them that lurve.... [Big Grin]

Seriously though - what's with the cartoon babes these days? They are all around thirteen, all Karate experts or secret agents, and all of them annoying little brats who you'd rather drown than date.

Now Betty - she was all woman....

[Razz]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:

And we're just the guys to give them that lurve.... [Big Grin]

Seriously though - what's with the cartoon babes these days? They are all around thirteen, all Karate experts or secret agents, and all of them annoying little brats who you'd rather drown than date.

Now Betty - she was all woman....

[Razz]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys crack me up! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Cool]

jdocster: that second set of photos must be from a REAL Flintstones movie [Big Grin]

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gideon   Email Gideon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't alive in the 80s but I absolutely love the movies. They're absolutely great.
I love Rob Lowe.
He's so hot in The Outsiders.
Oh my word.

Posts: 36 | From: On the computer | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gideon:
I wasn't alive in the 80s

What [Eek!] that isn't possible [Wink] [Razz]

Welcome to the forum Gideon [Smile]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gideon   Email Gideon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know. It sucks. Everyone says I was born in the wrong decade. The 90s are so boring. I'm just a kid (thirteen years old born in '94, yo)

I'm an 80s kid at heart.
I truely am.

Posts: 36 | From: On the computer | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, the 90's were so dull  -
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
The only think I liked was how cute Leonardo Di'Caprio was [is].
HAha.

aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoebe was the one for me.
Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of the above (only the females of course).
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a kid in the 80s, I crushed on Punky Brewster and Debbie Gibson. I don't necessarily find those to be embarrassing, but some of you might...
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatguyinaspeedo
Rewind Curious
Member # 6996

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fatguyinaspeedo   Email fatguyinaspeedo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lea Thompson....yes! yes! yes!
Diane Franklin....oh baby----YEA!
Virginia Madsen....ahhhhhh......grrrrrr!!!!

i think i need a little "me" time........ [Eek!]

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by fatguyinaspeedo:
Lea Thompson....yes! yes! yes!
Diane Franklin....oh baby----YEA!
Virginia Madsen....ahhhhhh......grrrrrr!!!!

i think i need a little "me" time........ [Eek!]

Try thinking about baseball... [Big Grin]
Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6519

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me   Author's Homepage   Email Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my well
Mine would be:
Micheal.J Fox
Corey Feldman
Kurt Russell lol
Rob Lowe
Judd Nelson - when he in The Breakfast Club

hehe [Big Grin]

Posts: 25 | From: Northren Ireland | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheUltimateShield
Rewind Curious
Member # 7023

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TheUltimateShield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, I love this thread. The first person says they had the hots for Booger and then a bunch of people are like *I know how you feel! I had a crush on Jami Gertz (etc.) from "Less Than Zero." Is that embarassing?* Haha. Awesome. As not a child of the '80s persay (born in '86) Im a little unhelpful and I havent gone deeply into my vault of '80s movie memories, but in category of people who were hot but not mainstream, no one in the history of the world has a more out of whack "hottness to appreciation" ratio than Meredith Salenger. My word. "Dream a Little Dream" gets better everytime you watch it thanks to her. Also, what's up with Amanda Peterson, the lead girl in "Can't Buy Me Love." Im not even a blondes guy, but sheesh, when she answers the door for the sleezy guy her mom is dating in like a bikini top. Hagaga.

As for borderline embarassing, Im gonna join up with the earlier poster with some man-crushes. For one thing, not a movie guy, but George Michael. Ok. Moving on. Secondly, I always weirdly liked Robert Downey, Jr. in "Weird Science" and "Less Than Zero." But not enough to question myself too much. And I can also kinda see where the person is coming from with Cameron from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Posts: 7 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home