iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » How many movies do you own? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How many movies do you own?
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
386 by my last count a mix of both R1 & R2, all in studio format i.e. Warner, 20th Century Fox and of course alphabetized!

Latest additions include, Escape from New York SE & Monster Squad SE!

Most watched, The Big Labowski, Fletch & The Burbs!

Rarities include, Q the Winged Serpent, 7 Faces of Dr. lao, Lair of the White Worm, The Return of the Living Dead Part 2, The Punisher (Dolph) & The Keep!

Does anybody now if we can post pictures of our collections or home entertainment set ups!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zombish   Email Zombish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have about 1,500 maybe few more, I really need to clear up some space, no room in my flat.
Posts: 21 | From: London , England | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phanstar:
wow... you guys have a lot of movies... So here is a question? How do you organize them?

Autobiographical.

So if I want to find, for example Fletch Lives, I have to remember that I bought it for a friend, then never gave it to them because of that occasion we don't mention any more, then they moved away and I ended up keeping it - which points me to the spring of 1999 - and there it is, right next to True Grit, which was bought for a completely different reason entirely, but a week before........

All of the above would be a real pain, were it not for the fact I only have two DVDs.....

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By my estimate, I own about 168 films.

Including 26 Rewind titles.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There aint no way I'm counting them now. An absolute ridiculous amount - into the thousands.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, thanks for the 2 star rating.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Somewhere over 400 now.

Wow I was such an amateur back then  -  - It's almost 900 now.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Somewhere over 400 now. Wow I was such an amateur back then  -  - It's almost 900 now.

You were like a tiny child lost in the woods. You're still like a tiny child lost in the woods, only now you have a flashlight... which you keep shining under your chin to make 'scary' faces.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very difficult question. I'm thinking over 500 movies on all media. The more difficult question is "Do I throw out VHS tapes when I upgrade to DVD for movies that I love?" By that I mean, I have a mess of movies that I taped way back in the day that still work that have original commercials, Night Flight/USA Up All Night promos, and music videos from the era on the tape. What if I am the only person alive who has a copy of some of this stuff, and I throw it out? I would be destroying the only evidence left to part of the past. [Frown]

OK, at least that's how I justify keeping everything! [Cool]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah Crash, keep everything. It is great stuff.

I still have Magnum PI that my parents taped off TV from about 1982.

Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coming on 400 and still going
Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is a very difficult question. I'm thinking over 500 movies on all media. The more difficult question is "Do I throw out VHS tapes when I upgrade to DVD for movies that I love?" By that I mean, I have a mess of movies that I taped way back in the day that still work that have original commercials, Night Flight/USA Up All Night promos, and music videos from the era on the tape. What if I am the only person alive who has a copy of some of this stuff, and I throw it out? I would be destroying the only evidence left to part of the past. [Frown]
I wrestle with this problem every single day.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Logan, I want some of what you're having LOL
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Logan, I want some of what you're having LOL

I'm (deadly) serious!

I have a ton of vids and I can't bring myself to throw them out in case I never see them again!

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently looking at 1300 across all formats. I have also converted all my VHS to DVD or replaced them totally where I thought it appropriate.

DVD Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm all DVD now, with the exception of a few VHS. I got rid of almost all my VHS, which was hard to do. Not that long ago, I was very particular about my 80's VHS tapes, and always looked for very specific original covers....the look of the original covers (the ones I would have seen as a kid in the video stores) still give me a little chill...I love love love to look at them. Alas, I ran out of room and gave them all to my mother in law. Only problem is...I still occassionally see them....and...I kinda want them back! * Already have reclaimed a few. I may re-claim them all someday and just give her DVD transfers or something...she has absolutely no emotional attachment to them. I've replaced almost every one with an original DVD, sometimes getting my wife to make me a new DVD cover to mimic the original VHS one.

Sorry long winded. My collection now stands, all DVD:

400 ish of 80's DVDs
100 ish horror films
200 ish 1990 and beyond
100 ish pre 1980
90-100....CHRISTMAS MOVIES!! (Shameful, I know...but I loves them so)
30+ of 70's - 80's TV box sets
10 or so VHS

So....1000 X approx. 2 hours each = 2000 hours of movie lovin' fun!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:

I have a ton of vids and I can't bring myself to throw them out in case I never see them again!

Logan, man, I hear you. This is one of life's most difficult decisions for me, as I stare at my VHS copy of "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Fabulous Stains." I know that there's a Special Edition DVD, but for many, many years I was one of the few people who had seen this movie and had a copy of it. That's a lot of sentimental memories!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm (deadly) serious!

Oh no, I'm with you there [Razz] I was referring to all that woods talk hehe [Big Grin]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm (deadly) serious!

Oh no, I'm with you there [Razz] I was referring to all that woods talk hehe [Big Grin]

I forgot about that! It was all true.
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have 7000!! No just kidding. I probably have the least amount of movies on here to be honest and im too embarressed to say how many...i had over 200 stolen along time ago and its taken me ages to get alot of them back. i used to own a lot but sold a lot of them too when i was in a financial crisis and not that into movies.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
and not that into movies.

[Eek!]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
and not that into movies. [Eek!]

^This^.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did some counting today.

I have 850 original VHS tapes and 1030 original dvd´s.

50s movies: 1
60s movies: 11
70s movies: 188
80s movies: 1217
90s movies: 381
00s movies: 82

30 80s tv box sets and about 100 music dvd´s and VHS tapes.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK.. tell me that 50's movie is "North By Northwest".. ha
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home