iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movies that People Tend To Forget About

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's Movies that People Tend To Forget About
Baseball_Fury06
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4514

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Baseball_Fury06   Email Baseball_Fury06   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about "Tuff Turf" with James Spader. I love that movie.LOL He also came out in a movie called "The New Kids" anyone remember that one?
I bought a used copy of Tuff Turf on amazon for 4 dollars.

Posts: 30 | From: San Antonio Tx | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuff Turf, yes, always liked that one, I wish Kim Richards did more movies. Class of 84 is another one of those violent type school movies.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what it was about Kim Richards, but I always hated her when I was a kid. I think she came off as a complete spoiled brat who would throw a tantrum, or something else, if she didn't get what she wanted. But I'll have to check out Tuff Turf and The New Kids if I see them anywhere.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you disliked Kim Richards then you really won't like her now. I was shocked when I learned a few years ago that she is Paris Hilton's aunt.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Well, if you disliked Kim Richards then you really won't like her now. I was shocked when I learned a few years ago that she is Paris Hilton's aunt.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so shocking it needed to be told twice!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see where Paris got her acting chops at now...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Kim Richards! I always remember her as the ESCAPE FROM WITCH MOUNTAIn little girl, Tia. What a greaat head of hair that chick had!

Paris Hiltons Aunt??? I did not know that!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Oh Stitch, I think I put that message twice because the other message I meant to say she is Nicky Hilton's aunt too. LOL. I liked Kim in those Disney movies, Lindsey Lohan too before she got all Diva on us. Kim was in Meatballs 2 if I recall as well.

I can see some physical similarites in the features of Paris and Kim. But I really couldn't see Paris weraing that Tuff Turf garb, although anything is possible in today's recycable Hollywood.

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found that mature movies tend to get forgotten.

I recommend "Crossing Delancey" as an example of a forgotten 80s movie. I am biased since I did the page on it after all, but it's a great romantic comedy. It's just more grown-up than a movie like "16 Candles".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home