iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Here's something that makes me mad!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here's something that makes me mad!!!!!!!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I'm in Target, which I don't even really like, and I'm breezing past the DVD dept. What do I see but the latest edition of Ferris Bueller. I wasn't going to look at it but I thought, ahh why not, so I picked it up to see what pictures were on the back but all I could see were the words BONUS FEATURES!

I'm like oh man, no, I already own this DVD but this version has Getting the Class Back Together, a Making of Featurette and something called the Lost Tapes. So into my cart it goes. The *******s at Paramount can have fourteen more dollars of my money [Mad] !

I get home and quickly put it into the DVD player. I start watching all the bonus stuff, which was pretty good. Matthew and Alan did interviews and I thought, next up will be Mia Sara, a/k/a the lovely Sloan Peterson. I wondered what she was going to look like and what she was going to say. I always really liked her character in the movie.

Well guess what? Miss Mia Sara decided to not do the bonus stuff. WHY [Mad] ??? I will never understand this [Mad] ! Even the dude that played the parking attendant participated.

This is not the first time this has happened. Mia Sara joins Deb Foreman, Phoebe Cates and Jennifer Jason Leigh, who all must have thought they were "too cool" to be a part of these DVD featurettes. Geez, if Nick Cage, Sean Penn and Matthew Broderick can come out and be good sports, what the heck was their excuse [Roll Eyes] ?

I will say though that the new Ferris Bueller DVD is worth the money. There's some great old footage and interviews with the cast from 1986, the only thing missing is the John Hughes commentary from the original 1999 edition. It really should have been included...I don't get these people!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That bites!! That is why a lot of those Bonus Featurettes are ususally a rip off! It might be a good purchase if you don't already own an original. Since I don't own this one yet, I will probablly be sucked into the featurette on this one.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steffi301
Rewind Curious
Member # 3942

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Steffi301   Email Steffi301   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost bought it, but my husband said don't spend more money Just rent it from netflix. We already have it on dvd
Posts: 3 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that oftentimes only one or two actors from a movie will participate in the bonus features.

Here are 2 examples of 80s movie DVDs that I'm talking about.

1.) "Red Heat" starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jim Belushi and featured supporting roles by Laurence Fishburne and Gina Gershon. Out of the entire cast, the only actor to participate in new special features on the Special Edition DVD was Ed O'Ross, who played one of the men who was after Schwarzenegger.

2.) "Beaches" starred Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey, with supporting performances by John Heard and Lainie Kazan. The only actor to participate in new special features on the Special Edition DVD was Mayim Bialik, who played the young C.C Bloom (Bette Midler's character).

I'm sure that there are plenty of other examples, but those are the two 80s ones that come immediately to mind.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I hope my page on "Beaches" will be up soon.

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah I was hoping that a post would be started soon so that I could have a rant [Big Grin]

My rant is kind of related to you topic so...

It really P****s me off that there are so many different editions of DVD's.

It is bad enough that the f****s expect you to spend money on a DVD to replace your old VHS you bought but then they go and bring out a special edition and then a 20 year anniversay edition [Mad]

BRING OUT ONE F*****G EDITION AND LEAVE IT AT THAT !!

I got the Batman boxset for christmas and now I see that there is another edition now with loads more extra features.... son of a b***h !!! These box sets aren't exactly cheap either.

Ah that feels better [Big Grin]

Stu

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only that but we'll have to replace our DVD collections soon enough with either HD-DVD or Blu Ray. I'm sure they'll include enough padding with the content to entice people into replacing their DVD of a particular movie.
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steffi301
Rewind Curious
Member # 3942

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Steffi301   Email Steffi301   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they just want more of our money
Posts: 3 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems to me that the only dvd's that give real value for money when it comes to special features,are movies of the horror genre.I dont know why that is,but i recently borrowed some horror movies from a friend and,for example,The Devils Rejects is loaded with hours upon hours of special features.
But then ill purchase a dvd of Oceans 12 and its only bonus is....wait for it!A trailer! A measly trailer.But the dvd for Oceans 11 has excellent commentary from Brad Pitt,Andy Garcia and Matt Damon which is absolutely hilarious.Plus it has loads of behind the scenes stuff too.I know these are only examples,but it really is annoying when a few months after buying one version of a movie,a new one crops up claiming all manner of special bonus stuff.
Dvd's are'nt cheap anyway and its obvious all this behind the scenes footage existed when the movie first came out to buy,so why cant film distribution companies give us customers a break and stop ripping us off???
But of course,companies that put us buying movie lovers first,only live over the hill and down the yellow brick road!! [Mad]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stu, I'm glad someone understands my pain [Mad] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I would buy the new improved version and then sell my old copy on eBay.

I, luckily, dont have FERRIS on dvd yet so I guess I'll get the new one.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home