iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » NEED MOVIE TITLE!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED MOVIE TITLE!!!
xdementia
Rewind Curious
Member # 4411

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for xdementia   Author's Homepage   Email xdementia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I can only remember snippets of this film because I was very young when I saw it, but I have been searching for it for YEARS. Maybe the gurus here can help me.

Here are the details (or lackthereof):

There is a game in the movie that is played which consists of teams of people on rollerskates with lacross sticks throwing a ball into a tall basket. They skate around in a large cement bowl when they play this game.

I THINK (not totally sure on this one) that it takes place in a world where water is very sparse.

I know it's not a lot of details but I hope maybe someone can help me out. I remember it being a sci-fi/post apocalyptic movie.

Posts: 4 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you referring to "Rollerball"? That one originally came out in 1974, and remade a few years ago.

Or maybe you were thinking of "Death Race 2000", which came out in 1975?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it's "Solar Babies".
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brandon, I agree with you on the "Solarbabies" theory.

-

A band of rollerblading youngsters harness a magical power to replenish the Earth's water supply in a post-apocalyptic future.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Solarbabies is right up there with the Hugga Bunch, and Career Opportunities. In requests of title.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xdementia
Rewind Curious
Member # 4411

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for xdementia   Author's Homepage   Email xdementia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awsome! Solar Babies sounds right... I gotta check that out. Thanks you guys rock.
Posts: 4 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i seem to remember solarbabies being rather dreadful.
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the original rollerball is a classic though.
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution's post:
quote:
...Solarbabies is right up there with the Hugga Bunch, and Career Opportunities in requests of title.
We could all get together and watch all three movies back-to-back and make it a Blockbuster (tm) night! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoyable classic sci-fi cheese, they called it Solar Warriors in the UK, I have the rare laserdisc of it.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home