iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite Scene in....The Breakfast Club (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Scene in....The Breakfast Club
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay let's try this brat pack flick......
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why are you being nice to me"?
"Because your letting me"

I love like the whole thing so I really can't pick one, but I love the dramatic interpretation of John Bender describing what happens to him when he spills paint in the garage.

This movie is just filled with so many awesome lines too.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your right Jessie it is hard to pick just one scene from this movie but I guesss I like the ones where Bender is playing the 'bad boy' and also Brian's 'who do we think we are' speech is wicked!
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The two that stand out for me are the scenes where a) the five of them sit round discussing what they did to get detention that day, and b) the closing credits, where Bender is walking across the sports field in the dusk, with Brian reading the essay over the top, and then fading into Simple Minds.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J. Chance   Email J. Chance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Sound of Bender falling through the ceiling)
Vernon: What was that ruckus?!
Andrew: Uh, what ruckus?
Vernon: I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus!
Brian: Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

Posts: 77 | From: Up north | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The entire Physics Club Dialogue.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Difficult, this movie is filled with good dialogue and realistic situations a teen is involved with even if we are now in the 2000's and not in the 80's.

I liked a lot the whistling scene.
John Bender falling off the roof in the library and when everyone is covering for them.
When they are all dancing to "We are not alone"

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobcat_816
Rewinder
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for bobcat_816         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine would also be the closing credits.
Posts: 33 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Savannah
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2845

- posted      Profile for Savannah   Email Savannah   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every one... from the opening scene to the ending scene. It's a masterpiece.
Posts: 60 | From: Louisa, Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ending scene was very cool!!!!

"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?" This scene cracks me up.

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i was watching the dvd one day i accidentally changed it to spanish. has anyone ever seen the "ruckus" scene in spanish?? flippin hilarious!
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well that's really good sir........But what if there's a fire?"

"If he gets up, we'll all get up.....It'll be ANARCHY!"

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
HUH! I never changed it to Spanish, I'll try it tough.
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like "Clare? That's a fat girl's name." and the conversation that goes from there. Also which teenage girl hasn't tried putting on lipstick Clare's special way!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best scene is when they are running in the hallway and try to make the turn and all go sliding by in unison.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kat...I nmever tried that...I could never really understand why anyone would.

As for me fave scene, I agree with Devo about the whole Physics Club scene:

"So, it's a social club...demented and sad, but social". I quote that and other scenes from BC all the time in the middle of totally unrelated conversations just to screw with people. It's fun to watch the young-uns **** their head like puppies hearing an odd noise for the first time.

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Missie Love the 'demented and sad' line. As for the lipstick - I went to boarding school we needed to do something entertaining to pass the time!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Missie:
Hey Kat...I nmever tried that...I could never really understand why anyone would.

As for me fave scene, I agree with Devo about the whole Physics Club scene:

"So, it's a social club...demented and sad, but social". I quote that and other scenes from BC all the time in the middle of totally unrelated conversations just to screw with people. It's fun to watch the young-uns **** their head like puppies hearing an odd noise for the first time.

Missie

**** meaning 'lean their head on one side', or a male chicken, I guess. Drat this auto-censor software!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of like the scene where Judd runs down the hallway singing "I want to be an airforce ranger"
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like when Ally Sheedy is eating the sandwich that looks like it is made out of bread, sugar, and Captain Crunch cereal, and they are all just looking at her.

I love the "We are not alone" scene probably the best...when they are all dancing in their own "unique" way. I always loved that song...who sings it? Is there a Breakfast Club soundtrack, and is it on there??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mod Formerly Known as PaulS:
quote:
It's fun to watch the young-uns **** their head like puppies hearing an odd noise for the first time.

Missie

**** meaning 'lean their head on one side', or a male chicken, I guess. Drat this auto-censor software!
Gosh, I didn't even notice it did that! Poopy poop!

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Mr. Vernon,
We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...and an athlete...and a basket case...a princess...and a criminal... Does that answer your question?
Sincerely yours,
the Breakfast Club.

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mod Formerly Known as PaulS:
quote:
It's fun to watch the young-uns **** their head like puppies hearing an odd noise for the first time.

Missie

Gosh, I didn't even notice it did that! Poopy poop!

Missie

I can't believe it didn't censor 'poopy poop'....

[Big Grin]

Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scene about the gun in the locker is hilarious.
Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know why I'm here?
*brian cries* DO YOU!!!!

You keep eating your hand you wont be hungry for lunch...ive seen you *bender points finger*

no i dont wear tights i wear the required uniform...*brian* tights

yes i always carry this much S*#! in my bag you never know when youre gonna have to jam

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home