iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Just Viewed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just Viewed
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sWEET SIXTEEN and my tutor
sweet sixteen was not what expected it had steve antin from last american virgin.
My tutor was pretty ordinary

Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite Steve Antin role is Troy in "Goonies".

"My Tudor" was definitely the kind of 80's movie that only worked well in the 80's. It didn't stand the test of time like some of the other movies. I prefer the movie "Private Lessons" that deals with the same subject matter.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flashback, I can't believe you didn't like My Tutor. I think it's 80's cheese at it's best. Especially the music..."You're my tutor, teach me everything you want me to learn." Hahaha.

I've never seen Private Lessons. It sounds like it's right up my alley [Razz] . Is it out on DVD? Anbody know?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
My favorite Steve Antin role is Troy in "Goonies".

hey valley do you remember steve in the video for jessie's girl by rickspringfield?

man, what a cutie.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. What is Sweet Sixteen? Is it scary? Anybody notable in it?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw My Tutor again, I got it on DVD...I had forgotten it, but when I saw it, it all came back...and I loved it. I thought it was a great 80's movie. I am wanting to see Private Lessons too Cindy, that is one on my hard to get list, if I get it...then I'll send it to you too.

I never heard of Sweet Sixteen either, what's it about?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweet sixteen is about a young and very pretty girl who is turning sixteen and all the guys she goes out with keep turning up dead.Its a thriller i bought the vhs at a warehouse that sells alot of old 80s vhs.It also has sharon farrell who plays cindy's mum in cant buy me love.
Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I am with you on this one Cindy, what is Sweet Sixteen? Is it an Austrailian film?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Why did 37% of all the movies in the 80's have the word "Private" in the title?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Steve Antin was in the video for First Day Of Summer from the Secret Admirer soundtrack also.
I would put My Tutor in my top 10 80's teen comedies. Right up there with Valley Girl, Sixteen Candles, Fast Times, etc.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home