iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Guess Who Part 13

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guess Who Part 13
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one has some REAL history, so many clues still to be revealed. Hopefully you'll be as suprised as I was when you see the full bio of this actor...

Height
6' 2" (1.88 m)

Was born on March 24, 1934, in Columbia, Missouri on Rolling Acres, a Hereford cattle ranch.

After losing everything to the dust bowl, the family moved to California. From 1942, when he was 8, through young adulthood, appeared in many movies as an extra (uncredited).

After high school, he joined the Air Force and served during the Korean War; he received a Purple Heart.

Graduated *** laude at UCLA.

Would go on to become one of Hollywood's best-known character actors.

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His fluency in five languages landed him
in the N.S.A. Security Squadron 6907.

Worked as a lifeguard on the French Riviera

Worked as a trainer at Bert Goodrich's Hollywood Gym

Fought California wildfires in the early 1950s

While working towards his doctorate he landed a contract with MGM and never looked back.

On TV he played in many Westerns (did his own horseback riding)

Honorary member of the Stuntmen's Association of Motion Pictures.

With over 300 TV and movie credits to his name -
Biker, Brawler, Cowboy, Vampire hunter...

To Be Continued ---->>>>>

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saint_in_London do your parents understand you?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
Why do you asked that VC? Is that a quote from the Breakfast Club?
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
Filmed an eight-minute test pilot portraying Caine for the TV series "Kung Fu" (1972), wearing prosthetic eyepieces to make him appear chinese.

Taught Russian Language Studies at UCLA in the late fifties

Worked as a Russian translator on the Clint Eastwood film, "Firefox".

Worked as a French translator on the Marlon Brando film, "Mutiny on the Bounty".

His Cowboy Poetry has been published in numerous Western-themed magazines, and he has given readings of his prose at Fan Conventions across the country.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because this one is very difficult and if I'm right the name of this person matched the answer to my question, though it's definitely not the same person. Just planting a seed. I think?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
VC, this actor has done so much I have been deliberately trying to keep it very vague. Really has had an amazing life.

I have some much more telling clues to come.

Some of this actors TV work includes......

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction
Walker, Texas Ranger
Due South
Hunter
Murder, She Wrote
The Twilight Zone
Airwolf
Highway to Heaven
The A-Team
T.J. Hooker
Hardcastle and McCormick
The Master
Benson
Knight Rider
CHiPs
The Fall Guy
Code Red
The Dukes of Hazzard
Fantasy Island
Code Red
B.J. and the Bear
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Errr..I think I know by face, but I don't know his name and I'm definitely NOT sure. I am thinking of that old mechanic of Airwolf. I think he died like 2 years ago..
But darn, what's his name???

By reading all this trivia, I’m amazed of how much other skills these actors have beside acting.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong again.
(I couldn’t resist and peeked.. sorry. [Embarrassed] )

Even though his face looks very familiar, I never would have guessed this one.. certainly not by name.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I agree he has done a ton of work, but I don't think anyone will know his name. You could probably post a picture of him and most people would go...he looks familiar, but I have no clue.

Wait you said "BJ & The Bear" and he was in "Any Which Way You Can"...Isis should know..ha. [Big Grin]

Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
I'd like to show a photo of him, how do it do it of where can i find the information to do it? I just dont seem to be able to see it on here...
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
I agree, this is a difficult one, I'd have thought everyone would know his face but as you say TKO not his name. When he has done so much in his career I wonder why we dont ALL know his name?

2 Time Arm Wrestling World Champion-200lb class-Petaluma, CA

Competed as a downhill skier in AAU events at Mammoth Mountain

Had a 31-1 record as an amateur boxer

Held the Air Force Light-Heavyweight Weightlifting Championship

Performed over 5,100 continuous sit-ups over a five hour period

Played semi-pro football for the Wiesbaden Flyers in Germany

Taught Russian Language Studies at UCLA in the late fifties

Won a Muscle Beach contest by performing 35 inverted handstand dips

Direct descendant of Western figures Kit Carson and Daniel Boone.

Bruce Lee personally offered him the co-lead in "Enter the Dragon", but another film went over schedule and John Saxon stepped into the role.

Studied kung fu for eight years with Jimmy Woo and kenpo karate master Ed Parker.

Stunt doubled for former Tarzan Lex Barker while living in France.

Turned down the role of Tarzan at MGM.

Training partner of first Mr. Olympia, Larry Scott

Threw the discus 151 feet at a time when the top AAU distance was 150.6 feet.

Won the Light-Heavyweight German-Austrian Boxing Championship while in the service.

Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
Appeared in the final episode of "Batman" (1966/II).

Lifetime Achievement Award from Academy of Bodybuilding and Fitness

Guiness record-holder for reverse-curling his own body weight.

Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~fke2d/laredo/images/bill2.jpg

Could this fresh-faced young man really have grown into the superman you have been reading about above?

Come, someone's got to know him? I have seen threads about atleast two of the films he has been in since I have been visiting this stie....

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it Michael Cavanaugh??

The only thing that gave it to me was maybe Any Which Way You Can.... thanks Valley...that is, if I got it right??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is William Smith!

Now I know from the photo...

A friend of mine, actually knows him in real life, you would not believe what he looks like now.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
Well done........at last we have a winner!!

The is a more recent photo of the man himself. I'll post some more links so you can read about him him and see some more photos...

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/biker/williamsmith15thumb.jpg

Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
Recent Photo:

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~fke2d/wff/wffpix/ws9s.jpg

Good page to read and more photos:
http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/williamsmith.html

Further reading....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0810342/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0810342/bio

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0810342/otherworks

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I didn't see William Smith on there, but that is a cool website.

I like the low budget superheroes one....It has a whole page of pictures of Reb Brown- he is my man... I love him...wooooo, he was something.

I think it is hysterical that he was on an episode of Three's Company and played Chrissy's date-and his name was "Elmo".

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The parents just don't understand was an attempt to connect Will Smith to the name William Smith. Did work obviously.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow, he looks so old...man..Clint is looking way old though too...I mean he is. That's hard though to believe...because Any Which Way You Can doesn't seem that long ago..I just watched it a couple weeks ago. Has that much time really gone by?? Wow! I wonder what Clyde looks like now?? He probably aged the best out of every body.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home