iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Tuff Turf Starring Kim Richards

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tuff Turf Starring Kim Richards
retrowoman68
Rewind Curious
Member # 4095

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for retrowoman68   Email retrowoman68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my all time favourite 80's movie, as I am a big fan of Kim Richards, from when she was a star on The Nanny and The Professor to Hello Larry right through to one of her last movies Escape, is there any other Tuff Turf fans out there and what was your favourite part of the movie, also starring cute James Spader and Robert Downey Jr.
Posts: 9 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey retrowoman68! I'm definitely a fan of Tuff Turf. I've been a Kim Richards fan for years, back to when I saw her in "Escape From Witch Mountain" as a kid.

My favorite part of the movie is when Frankie tries to act proper while eating dinner at Morgan's parents house. I love that sweater she was wearing and wow she looked great too. Another scene I enjoyed was at the warehouse when Jim Carroll was singing and Robert Downey Jr. was slamming on the drums.

I don't think there are many fans of the movie here, but count me in! [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man. I LOVE Tuff Turf. James Spader was so hot. Back then he did some crazy movies (Starcrossed, TeamMates)

Those dancing scenes.. yikes! But Jim Carroll rocked.

Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine has meet Kim Richards. She was super nice. She has 5 kids now. Actually he just gave me a couple movies she was in that I had never seen....

I just finished the movie Devil Dog the other night, and that was actually alot scarier than I thought it would be.

I also just got: No Deposit, No Return- which I can't wait to see, because I have never seen it before.

Tuff Turf was ok, but it was kind of disturbing.

I love the Escape to Witch Mountain movies, the same actor that played Tony in those movies, also played Kim's brother in the Devil Dog movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of those movies that just missed the mark with me. I love Kim and James and wanted to love the movie but it somehow just didnt pass muster.
I like the Country Club scene though.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retrowoman68
Rewind Curious
Member # 4095

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for retrowoman68   Email retrowoman68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like all of it,but If I had to choose, I would say The dance at the warehouse too, where Nick gets jealous when Morgan is dancing with Frankie, and the love scene after Morgan's dad was shot, is kinda romantic too!
Posts: 9 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lastdaysofrain
Master Rewinder
Member # 2542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lastdaysofrain   Author's Homepage   Email Lastdaysofrain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found an original folded (as all posters were then) theatrical poster for Tuff Turf when I was cleaning out my attic, it's in PERFECT condition.
Posts: 125 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tranza01
Rewind Curious
Member # 5601

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tranza01   Email Tranza01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Turf Turf so much that I went through two VHS tapes and was on cloud nine when they released it to DVD in 2001. I must have seen this movie more than a thousand times easily. This is probably one of the most under rated movies of all time. The music was some of the best that came out in the 80s not to mention the fashions. I would have done just about anything to be Spader in that movie. Robert Downey did some great comic relief in the movie. You can never say enough about Kim Richards although I respect her decision to raise her children she was truly was missed after Escape. I recently purchased the soundtrack on vinyl in mint condition boy did that hurt my wallet $190.00. If anyone knows of any good sights on Tuff Turf I'd love to check them out.
Posts: 3 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeh1969
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4654

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jayeh1969   Email jayeh1969   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my all time faves. I too wore out a couple of vhs copies. It was a busy time in my life then, touring North America, going through a break-up with my girlfriend of 8+ yrs. I can't even estimate how many times I've seen it from that stressful time until now. All I know is Kim Richards was the only 'known' actor in it that I had heard of (Disney stuff as a kid).
After that Spader & Downey really took off.
I wasn't aware of the KR situation of raising 5 children. WOW ! !
I've got the dvd, 2 mint vhs', an Australian movie poster and the original (mint condition) lp. I had no idea it was worth that much.
I am in the process of getting back into music again and one of the first things I'm doing when my studio is set up is to master a cd copy of Tuff Turf, Summer Lovers, Up the Creek, All the Right Moves (to name a few).
My fav. part (remembering back to my first viewing) would be Frankie showing up at the hospital after Morgan gets blown off by his mom 'again' when his wussy lawyer brother shows up.

Posts: 60 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home