iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Dallas--The Big Screen Movie Coming Soon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dallas--The Big Screen Movie Coming Soon
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read an article on yahoo that they are going to make a big screen version of the television classic. They said that they want really big named stars to star and promise cliffhangers and flashy storylines. The guy that wrote Steel Magnolias and First Wives Club has been working on a script for 18 months. The guy who directed Legally Blonde is set to direct.

Stars that have been mentioned are Brad Pitt and Catherine Zeta Jones. Boy I bet with the right casting and right script this could be pulled off. I am actually kind of excited about this. I would go and see it. Especially if it had the right people in it. I just hope that it wouldnt' be the next Gigli or something.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read the same article.. and I don’t think I would watch it.
As I remember correctly Brad Pitt also had a small part in the original Dallas series (which I did like) as the boyfriend of Lucy Ewing. I might be wrong though..

I don’t know what tot think of this. Why not just leave things the way they were? What’s with all these remakes anyway?
It especially bothers me that they want to make a movie out of Miami Vice as well. They shouldn’t touch Miami Vice! [Mad]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey TKO!!! Very cool to see you!!

I have the whole 1st Season of Dallas on DVD, but I haven't watched but one episode so far, and I loved it. It is just finding the right time to watch it.

I always loved Patrick Duffy. I thought he was like a perfect guy.

I loved their clothes on Dallas.

I don't know why they keep trying to cram something like a series that went on for 10 years in to a 2 hour movie, it is impossible.

The thing about the shows we watched, is that each story line, in each episode has a better plot than any movie that they stick out there now. How come they could come up with all these great stories each week, for a 1 hour tv show, but they can't think up anything original for a 2 hour movie now??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article said it will be an updated version of the show. But it said it was going to show how Bob and Pam met, so it almost seems like a prequal or something. Who knows?

They are doing an awful lot of remakes, I guess they are just falling in the cycle of film making right now. Dukes of Hazard will be out this summer, Bewitched (prequal) type, and Miami Vice. As time goes on we are running out of stories so they have to go back and start rehashing stuff.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostboy
Rewind Curious
Member # 4006

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lostboy   Author's Homepage   Email lostboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please slyvester dont make anymore rockys, number 5 was crap, whats the point, please for all your fans of this francise(number 5 was bad enough)
Posts: 3 | From: durham | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GraboidGirl
Rewinder
Member # 2368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for GraboidGirl   Email GraboidGirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey brad pitt was in DALLAS which i totally loved, he played =was it Priscilla Prestleys (can`t remember her charactors name may have been married to Ray Krebbs)daughters boyfriend, I`m sure Ray caught them making out in a barn once, even though i`ve forgotten most of it, i was a big fan of it. i not really into remakes didn`t like charlies angels etc, i may go and see it if it comes out.
Posts: 45 | From: Kent, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's being written by the screenwriter of "The First Wives' Club" and directed by the director of "Legally Blonde", I have the feeling they'll be turning a sudsy but serious drama into a comedy with elements of spoofing, possibly a little fourth-wall breaking, and exaggerated takes on the hair and outfits of the 80s years of "Dallas".

(Deadpan voice)

Yay...Whoopee...Yahoo.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis said: The thing about the shows we watched, is that each story line, in each episode has a better plot than any movie that they stick out there now.

That is probably because you refuse to watch past the first 10-15 minutes of any modern movie. Try something new for a change. There were many good tv shows back in the 80s, but because you refuse to watch a full modern movie your comment is judgemental. Some of the modern movies you have mentioned are stinkers, but until you open your constantly closed mind more you will always see modern things with blinders on...Try
Million Dollar Baby for example.

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dallas the tv series sucks
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
OUGHTO DON"T TELL THAT TO ISIS
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the preview to the Bewitched movie. IT's not even really like Bewitched. IT's seems stupid. IT's about a guy who is going to be in a tv series remake of Bewitched and they are trying to find an actress to play Samantha. HE runs into Nicole Kidman and decides that she should play the part even though she's not an actress. But it turns out that she really is a witch.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by if u build it they will come:
hey brad pitt was in DALLAS which i totally loved, he played =was it Priscilla Prestleys (can`t remember her charactors name may have been married to Ray Krebbs)daughters boyfriend,

Priscilla Presley (sp) played Jenna Wade a few years down the road during the series. If I recall, Morgan Fairchild also played Jenna as did someone else. Charlie was her daughter.

Dallas is the only soap opera I would actually watch. The reason being is that it totally blows away any other soap opera past of present. I say that because not many people are unfamiliar with Dallas and The Ewings, namely JR. Also, it was on primetime television. As far as I am concerned, if today's soap operas are such high quality and pull in so many viewers, why aren't they on at night when more people can watch?

Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home