iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » remember diane franklin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: remember diane franklin
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she was in last american virgin and amityville 2
stunning woman
what do u all think

Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she was also in Better Off Dead and she is a favorite around here.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved her so much in Better off Dead.........and ooooo she ****ed me off in The Last American Virgin. It was so the characters I know.....but for some reason the eyebrows...the eyebrows in Virgin......that girl needed some tweasers!!! or should I say that man???? [Razz]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see one redeeming quality in her character in Last American Virgin not even in the way beginning. She never seemed really nice and came across as a phony; all she was was a hot piece of tail. Sure Gary got his heart broken in the end because of her but he really was the winner in the end because he didn't end up with her.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember yelling at the screen at the very end of L.A.V. for Gary to go back and beat the sh*t out of both of them. I can't believe he went out like that. I for sure would have made that skank pay me back for the $$ for her abortion.

Awesome movie though!

Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was also in a TV movie as a babysitter from hell (I'm iffy on the title: it might be THE SITTER) and also was one of the princesses in BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE.
I always thought she was very pretty but could use a tweeze.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
imdb has it listed as SUMMER GIRL the TV movie where she's a baysitter
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the same thing about her in The Last American Virgin. That she wasn't even nice. There wasn't anything even likable about her, he was better off with Rose. The only thing was he was attracted to how she looked, cause they barely even spent any time together, so how well did he even know her?

I had a moped just like hers in that movie, so that was the coolest thing about her was I remembered how much fun we had riding our moped up and down the alley way by my house, when she got a flat tire.

I didn't think it was right she left Gary pay for the abortion either...I mean what the heck was wrong with Rick?? He could afford to go skiing...I know that cost more for the entire weekend, than the abortion would have. And her family didn't look poverty stricken, but there was Gary hocking his stereo and all his pizza savings on her.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got to admit that ending was good. I remember watching it and thinking "now that wasn't too cool", but probably a dose of high school reality.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget that she was in the trully awesome "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure"
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was best in "Better Off Dead" though.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ValleyCat:
You got to admit that ending was good. I remember watching it and thinking "now that wasn't too cool", but probably a dose of high school reality.

I have to agree with you on that one. Usually with HS movies it all gets worked out in the end. VERY unlike reality. This ending was more like reality than most.
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
She was also in HOW I GOT INTO COLLEGE but I dont really remember that one well. I think that was a flick I had high hopes for that didnt live up to my expectations.
well, for a listing of all Diane's movies and TV appearences you can check her page on www.imdb.com

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so mean.........I was trying to find a picture of those catapillers of hers from Virgin and found this instead....she has an offical website where she signs autographed photos......how cute huh?

Offical Diane Franklin website

here's a cute bit of info about the moped from the site Isis and all..... [Smile]

"In the movie "Last American Virgin" I was supposed to ride a moped, but I couldn't even ride a bike (I am deaf in my right ear which affects my balance). I chose not to mention it because I was afraid if I told them It might prevent me from keeping the part. So when the time came to shoot the scenes with the moped, I had to tell them. Boaz Davidson (Writer/Director of LAV) was really nice about it and that is why you see me walking in and out of shots with the moped!"

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is cool, she still looks pretty much the same, she still has the same eye brows.

She likes Karla Bonoff- that is way cool, I thought I was the only person who ever heard of her. I love Karla Bonoff's music.

She didn't do too many movies though.

Funny about the moped, you just never know that behind the scene stuff about why they did a scene the way they did, that is a neat factoid.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home