iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movies have you been wanting to see?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What movies have you been wanting to see?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just really thinking that I would love to see Savannah Smiles and House of the Long Shadows again. The later one isn't available on any medium right now which makes me sad because I love it.

Have there been any movies that you have been thinking about lately that you miss and wish that you could see, but can't because they are't available.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Private School" on DVD!!!! [Razz] Oh wait that was just a dream.

I'm excited about "License to Drive" coming out in April, so I'm not gonna watch it on VHS until it comes out to make it even more fun.

Also, Friday Night April 1st I'm asking everyone to watch "April Fool's Day" as a group, then we can discuss it the next day. Kinda like "Friday Night Movies At The Rewind"! [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'll be watching April Fool's Day fer sure...I'd be more than happy to discuss it with ya the next day, or that night, or tonight, or tomorrow, whenever is good for me.

I have Savannah Smiles. It was a bummer that she died in real life. What a tragedy.

I want to see Skatetown USA!!

Now I want to see: When we first Meet!

and

Fallen Angel and When Michael Calls, are ones on my hard to find, wish list.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still haven't ever seen SKatetown USA I guess that would be on my list too.

Hey I think that is a good idea to have a movie that everyone should watch and then discuss. I like "Friday Night Movies At the Rewind"

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We did it last year. I know we all watched Gremlins once. We are suppose to pick a movie most of us surely would have, during the week, and all watch it Friday night, if anyone wants to do it, someone start a thread and pick a movie.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey sounds like a plan. I would be interested for sure.
80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i'd love to do that to. Hope i have whatever movie you guys pick [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I want to add Transylvania 6500 to my list. It has been a long time since I have seen that one.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I also have never seen SKATETOWN USA. That would be cool.
One I've seen a million times that I would watch right now if I had the video is FLASH GORDON. I'm listening to QUEEN right now so that probably is whats making me think of FLASH.
God I love that movie.....it's so satisfyingly cheesy!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez...I had never heard of SAVANNAH SMILES so I went on imdb to see what it is and it says the little girl who starred in it got into drugs and alcohal as a teen and died of an overdose. How very sad.
Is the movie really good? Should I try to find a copy??

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh yeah definately see it, it is worth it. The little girl was so cute in it. It has been so long I only remember she gets kidnapped and the kidnappers endup liking her and she likes them and wants to help them.
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought 12 DVDs on the weekend, so alot of the movies I wanted to see again I got a chance to.

As for movies I haven't seen yet that I do, I wanted to see Garden State, and on the weekend I did. I still want to see Hotel Rwanda, Million Dollar Baby and Lost In Translation... although I've managed to avoid learning what exactly happens in the ending, the fact that I never stop hearing about how sad it is has already ruined it for me.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What movies I want to see? Well, anything that Ben Stein wouldn't see! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love Savannah Smiles...I was shocked about her death. It is cute, the kidnappers love her, Bootsie and Ralphie. I love when she does the Bur Rabbit story. That is what I am talking about with a sweet, family movie, that appeals to all ages. It is great.

Flash Gordan! Mamamia!! I love that movie, did you see where my friend got me Sam Jones's photograph, and he autographed a Flash Gordon picture to me and he got him on video tape talking to me, I about fainted. It was so awesome, cause I thought he was gorgeous in Flash Gordon- it is one of my favorites, I love the whole cast!!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I'm glad I'm not alone in loving FLASH GORDON. Everyone I know thinks its a really stupid movie.But for me it brings new meaning to "feel good film", every time I watch it I feel so good....no matter how bad life gets it could be worse: we could be jettisoned into space and have Ming the Merciless busting our a****!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home