iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Something Special a/k/a/ Willy Milly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something Special a/k/a/ Willy Milly
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Muffy, you were right! Thank you for suggesting this movie [Big Grin] ! It was really cute and funny. Pam Segall was great! I was cracking up when the father was teaching her how to swear and I thought the whole friendship between her and Alfie was sweet. I always forget that Pam was in Say Anthing. I usually only associate her with The Facts of Life. Also, Seth Green was so cute as little Malcolm. Did any of you see this movie or like it?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy...did you go back and buy it?? I remember you looking at it when we were there, but I didn't think you got it that day?? I had never even heard of it. Hmmmm....if others think it is pretty good, I might have to look for it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Cindy!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you loved it. Pam Segall is really likable and so is the story....it's just a neat 80's one.....now i'm gonna have to watch it again... [Smile]

Hey I found out about on here.....I think it was The Wizard talking about it........Thanks Wiz! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't have picked the VHS up at a car boot sale if I hadn't seen someone else mention it previously (forget who), I got the laserdisc of it now too.

Think yourself lucky you lot on that side of the pond were spared this dubious VHS cover, they're all trying to get a look! [Embarrassed]
 -

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats hillarouis Wizard.....I wish I could find a pic of my vhs cover because it looks to me like something from your childhood you watched in school to learn about puberty. hehe!
So if I was to see the cover I have at the video store.... i'd have nothing but a strange restraint against wanting to watch it... [Wink] Which is why I understand Cindy waited to buy it!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a very cute little movie with a homosexual undercurrent running through it.

I also had to buy the same version as The Wizard, i bought a few tapes from the same guy and strategically placed Willy Milly in the middle.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great movie! i don't own it, but my local vid store carries it, and i rent it from time to time. for some reason, when i was growing up, i was under the impression that this movie was titled TRANSFORMED. i could have sworn that when it aired on cable back in the 80s, that was the name of the movie [Confused] .

i thought pamela did a great job in this one too. i remember her debut on facts of life, when she was caught stealing from the ms. garrett's store, right? i know she does one of the voices on the cartoon, RECESS. my daughter watches it, it's pretty cute. the only other movies i saw her in were BED OF ROSES and GREASE 2, but i think she's great.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was in a horror movie called AFTER MIDNIGHT.She's also the voice of Bobby on KING OF THE HILL.
Thats not the box it had when I saw it. My SOMETHING SPECIAL box had a cartoon cover.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, don't buy it!!! Santa Claus is coming to your town, if you know what I mean [Wink] . Enjoy!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Segall was great in an appearance she made on "Night Court" in the '84-'85 season. She played a young girl who cross-dressed as a boy and fooled Bull (Richard Moll), who was acting as a big brother for her. Her secret was found out by Billie (Ellen Foley) when she was in the ladies' room.

It seems like Segall can play guys pretty convincingly...Maybe it's the voice.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy- Thank-you!!!! I am excited to see it, since that many people have recommended it. I have no clue yet who Pam Segall is, so I am dying to see what she looks like. I hope I recognize her from something. Thanks again Cindy!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I took a picture of Something Special to show how boring our US version is!

-

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought and watched Willy/Milly (1986)

It really is a nice sex change fantasy-comedy with good actors.
Featuring also Eric Gurry (Horowitz from Bad Boys)
This was his last movie, i wonder what happened to him?

Here´s the finnish vhs cover art which is quite similiar to UK cover:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Very cool Atomik digging this oldie up.......I may need to watch it again.....I loved it......I still think my vhs is the ugliest movie cover I own haha I'll have to take a photo of it again!

Your foreign cover is pretty cool

SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, first heard of this was from a trailer. Found it hilarious, reminded me of Just one of the Boys, which i adored!

Is this movie worth checking?

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely worth a watch.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home