iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I can't believe this one! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I can't believe this one!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys,
Well, the other day I went to rent some movies. I found a copy of Just One of the Girls starring Corey Haim and Nicole Eggert. I had never seen this before so I decided to rent it. Okay, the movie is one thing but here's where it goes off track. I started wondering what happened to Corey Haim. He was so attractive and he was great in Licence to Drive. So I get on Google and do a search. I found this...I am just beyond words... [Confused]

http://www.x-entertainment.com/archive/quickies/17/index.shtml

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eww! Someone posted that not toolong ago. I'm also at a loss for words. I guess he's an example of what drugs can do to you.

I heard that he gained a bunch of weight in recent months and he looks terrible. Too bad, he made some great movies.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya, that's pretty disturbing huh.

gross.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its amazing what happens when you pi55 away your talents and money on drugs and other things. Sad really, another talent you'll end up reading about soon in the obituary column. [Frown]
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, hard to believe.
I read about this a while ago when I was wondering about what happened to him and searched on the net.
I'm very much against drugs, I haven't even tried to smoke pot or anything and would never do that, but maybe it's not quite possible for us "normal" people to get our heads around how it must be for a 15 year old to have EVERYTHING. What makes life worthwhile often is working for the things you want (not just materialistic things but also relationshipts etc), and then the reward of getting what you really wanted. And not taking everything for granted, not having to make an effort for anything at all anymore. It takes the thrill out of living, maybe.
And maybe that's when young people who everybody envies and thinks they've got it all resort to drugs.

I'm not trying to justify the use of drugs by any means, but it just happens so often that you read about young stars falling into this trap, you always wonder how this could happen.

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone bid on the tootipegs and hair??
yuk

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GordoG
Rewind Curious
Member # 2104

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for GordoG   Email GordoG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smayt Gateford:
yuk

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GordoG
Rewind Curious
Member # 2104

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for GordoG   Email GordoG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GordoG:
quote:
Originally posted by Smayt Gateford:
yuk

Has anybody heard that Jonathan Brandis killed himself early last week?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GordoG
Rewind Curious
Member # 2104

Rate Member
I'll ask again...I have reliable information that the 80's/90's TV and Movie star Jonathan Brandis Hung himself last week. I can't find any hits on the web concerning this topic....anybody no anything?
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Gordo, I haven't heard that. How awful if its true! I can't understand why anyone could do that. I think its the most selfish thing anyone could ever do.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now I've seen your reactions, I wish I hadn't bought those pubes

-Ian

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL@Brown! How much would you pay for The Karate Kids! just kidding... [Big Grin]

If Jonathon Brandis did kill himself that's a shame. Too young to be taking your own life. [Frown]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all poor Corey that is a sad sad thing that it has gotten soo bad for him....

And second of all I was in LOVE with Johnathon Brandis and had his posters all over my wall when I was younger. I was hooked on SeaQuest and I have looked online to see if I could find any info about this death [Frown] and I could not!

Please Gordon post whatever info you have about Jon so I can put my thoughts to rest so I can know for sure if my beloved Johnny is gone!!! [Eek!]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gasp!!! [Eek!] it is true.... [Frown] I am just sick right now!!! It is a total shock I did not believe but I kept on looking and found this site

http://www.einsiders.com/features/columns/nov03obituaries.php

To proove my worst fears.... [Frown]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
I didn't scroll down the rest of the page after I found that out but now that I have... Leroy (Gene Anthony Ray) from "Fame" pass as well.... [Frown]
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so sad. Breaks your heart when someone passes but to think that they may have taken their own life is just too much. It's so sad when someone thinks that's the only answer.
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe Jonathon Brandis is dead. That's so sad...he was so young. I used to have the biggest crush on him when I was younger. I loved him in Ladybugs and Sidekicks. It's a shame. [Frown]
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm beginning to wonder if it's a hoax. Surely other news sources would be reporting this. I've searched the web and can't find a whole lot about it.

I read a very good comment from someone on another board that said "if it were true wouldn't ET be all over the story. They would have it plastered all over their website, "Child star found dead".

Makes you wonder...I don't want to diminish the importance of the story if it is true, but I would think news sources would be reporting it all over the place.

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I don't know if it's a hoax but if not, it is truly sad. [Frown]

The others on there I know for sure have passed but like others have said, You'd think more entertainment channels and entertainment news sources would be all over it.

He was young talented and in some popular films.

Don't forget, this is not the first time someone was reported dead on the internet, so it could be fake.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's fake at all. I looked at both those sites, and they are so depressing. Obituaries always both me. I used to never miss the Academy Awards, now I don't care about them any more either, but I always was shocked when they would do the memorial tribute to all the people who died during the year. I looked at this whole year of people, and a few shocked me- Richard Crenna, and Robert Stack. I forgot Mr. Rodgers died this past year too. And Lana Clarkson-who was in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, she was the one teacher's wife-at the end. There were quite a few women who were killed by their boyfriends, what a tragedy-I never understand that kind of craziness. I was so sad about Corey Haim, I can't believe that I am better off financially than him, that is wrong. What a shame, that there are so many actors out in Hollywood, that probably worked with him, how come nobody helps him out, how come people watch him fall apart, and no one does anything for him? How come people write those articles about him, but say they were a fan, and yet, they are making fun of his life, and there is nothing funny about any of that. That is one of the saddest things I have ever read. It is no wonder people turn to drugs, when people are just so full of kindness and are so giving to others who need help. Not. I can't believe how someone who everyone loved his movies, no fan of his is rich, and can help him out? That is so wrong, that we have so much in this country, and people we once idolized, are down to doing such horrid things to get money. Selling their body-literally. What is worse than that? UUGh, what a shame.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
You're right it is true. IMDb.com says so. IMDB.com Jonathon Brandis [Frown]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This whole thing is really bothering me-about Corey Haim..I did a search just now on Ebay for hair and teeth of his, and found nothing. I would give him money-if I knew how to get a hold of him, if I knew it didn't go to drugs, I would never give anyone drug money...I thought there might be an email address on Ebay..I'd say, hey, I'd take an autographed t-shirt- I mean, if you want that person's body parts, and are a fan to that magnatitude..why wouldn't you want an autographed t-shirt- sell those..I would take in any friend of mine, and help them, and let them live with me, if they needed it, when people have so much, and others have nothing, that is not right at all, and to be a witness to someone's suffering, and stand there and do nothing, I feel like the person doing nothing-is just as bad off, and what comes around goes around.

Suicide is never an answer to anything, Jonathan Brandis seemed kind of strange in the movies I saw of him, he was in the Never Ending Story part 2 also, and there was something about him that seemed weird, like he didn't seem like he was very happy, he seemed like someone was pushing him to do acting. What a total bummer.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
That's so strange that his passing hasn't been broadcast around the networks. Maybe his parents requested it that way...very strange. You would think it would make big news. I've heard of actors passing who had fewer roles and star power than Jonathan. So sad...
GordoG
Rewind Curious
Member # 2104

Rate Member
Well I'm back, I was in Hawaii on bussiness. Well at least somebody found it to be true. It is weird that not even ET tonight ran a spot on it. Although he really has not done anything lately. For those of you who may think its a hoax...I doubt it. I knew Jonathan Brandis a little, and a friend of mine was the person who found him dead. He was visiting from New York State. Brandis's family owns a summer home in Long Lake New York and are really good friends with this family that owns one of the two local ice cream stores. Brandis's father helps out in the summer and manages the store. If you ever go to Long Lake go to Custards Last stand and you will see the Jonathan Brandis Love wall. Sorry to be the Bearer of bad news.

Patrick

Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
It is on the imdb now. It wasn't when I first heard of the news. I guess I was clinging to some small hope that this was just another rumor going around.

So sad... [Frown]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home