iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Teen Magazine Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's Teen Magazine Help
Doctor Washuu
Rewind Curious
Member # 2029

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Doctor Washuu   Email Doctor Washuu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!

I'm new to the forum, but I have a serious situation on my hands that I think only a group of dedicated 80's fans can help me with!

I need to find old 80's teen magazines (like Seventeen or YM or whatever) for photo research for a big illustration that I have to finish...I have contacted the publishers, and they don't resell copies like those anymore.

I, therefore, hand this question over to you, forum public:

Does anyome know where I can find old copies of teen magazines dating from 1982-1985? If you know a website or anywhere that I can look for some, or know a friend that has some lurking in a basement, let me know!

Thanks! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Material girl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Material girl   Email Material girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try Ebay first thats where I get most of my vintage 80's stuff I just bought Teen Beat and Big Bopper magazines from them not to long ago for about 4.99. Hope that helps! [Smile]
Posts: 69 | From: Somewhere in Middle America | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor Washuu
Rewind Curious
Member # 2029

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Doctor Washuu   Email Doctor Washuu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Material girl:
I would try Ebay first thats where I get most of my vintage 80's stuff I just bought Teen Beat and Big Bopper magazines from them not to long ago for about 4.99. Hope that helps! [Smile]

Thanks-- I'll have to check Ebay again...they didn't have a lot the last time I looked, but stuff gets updated all the time, I guess. [Smile]
Posts: 2 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 1985 copy of Joystick. It was an arcade magazine that showed you how to cheat at games. I remember this one has Donkey Kong and all the levels.
Posts: 218 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kenkobra:
I have a 1985 copy of Joystick. It was an arcade magazine that showed you how to cheat at games. I remember this one has Donkey Kong and all the levels.

Over the weekend I found my 1984 November issue of Joystick magazine. It featured donky kong and it reminded me of the movie A fist full of quarters.
Posts: 218 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hit Parader, Rolling Stone, Teen People, Seventeen, Bop, Cosmo Girl, J-17, Teen Vogue, Sports Illustrated For Kids, Jet, Word Up, Spin, Sassy, Tiger Beat, Teen Beat, Circus...

To name a few.

Posts: 3611 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home