iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Does anyone collect anything from the 80's, or anything at all? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Does anyone collect anything from the 80's, or anything at all?
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I collect late 80's Acid/House Records... It was the best music ever and as i was too young to go ravin i decided to buy the records and rave in my Bedroom instead. [Big Grin]
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of MONSOON's post:
quote:
...With over 300 DVDs and at least that many in VHS, we're a little fanatical about it.
300 DVDs and 300+ VHS movies and you're a "little fanatical"? [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:
300 DVDs and 300+ VHS movies and you're a "little fanatical"? [Smile]

Only a little. [Wink] On average we'll add 1 or 2 per week.Mainly DVDs occasionally a VHS but only if theres no DVD for it. Lately Ive been adding more than she has. I blame you guys for it now... [Big Grin] Someone will mention a movie and then I just have to seek it out and make it part of the collection. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally used to collect Transformers comics (UK editions). I was a total TF nut, as much for the comics as for the toys. Eventually by the end of '88 I decided to stop. A bad decision, as it turned out; all the plotlines for the previous hundred issues were about to converge, and I deprived myself of the payoff [Mad] ('Time Wars' anyone????)

Had to wait another 12 years before I would start purchasing again [GOD BLESS EBAY!!], and it's taken me a further 3 to complete my collection, at about quadruple the original price... [Roll Eyes]

Still it was a great, great comic tho. The majority of issues between c.#65-150 ('86 thru '88) were/are sheer quality IMO.

Cheers [Smile]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trish
Rewind Curious
Member # 2155

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Trish   Email Trish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am building my 80's DVD collection. Also, I was a huge Duran Duran fan and still have my stickers of them. Geez, I've been holding on to these things for like 20 years! Yikes!
Posts: 6 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The past year I started collecting pins of Music groups. I have some like the Cure and Adam Ant from the 80's. Today I found a Breakfast Club pin in a store. It's also a less expensive hobby for me which is good.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I collect 80's films as well as items relating to fictionary characters (as a result of Imaginary People by David Pringle.)
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mainly collect:

Movies (dvd´s, VHS tapes)
Music (cd´s, lp´s)
80s hard rock and heavy metal magazines
80s movie and video magazines

I also have lots and lots of comic books but i rarely buy new ones anymore.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a pack rat! LOL

I still have collections of magazines from the 80's..

THRASHER
STAR HITS
METAL EDGE

It's nuts to have boxes of this stuff but oh well! LOL

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just start collecting 80s hollywoods dolls (cruiser kids) ive tracked down 2 of series 1 and 1 of series 2 so far
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i collect video game controllers...got over 40 now
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Video game controllers! That's a fascinating thing to collect. Do you have an old Pong game controller from circa 1977? :-)
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I collect tons of movies and music (digital)....but my Iron Maiden collection is #1.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Video game controllers! That's a fascinating thing to collect. Do you have an old Pong game controller from circa 1977? :-)

no i dont ahd have tried hard to get 1. the ealiest i have is from kalico vision and odyssy
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've collected movies and CDs forever, then books, magazines, anything and everything at one point. Got to a point a number of years ago that I was feeling smothered with "crap" and it was literally causing me anxiety...loads and loads of stuff in boxes which likely never would have seen the light of day. Big turning point was becoming a Dad four years ago, and priorities have changed drastically. Started getting rid of tons of stuff which was emotioanlly hard to do, but felt so good afterwards (OK...are people thingking I'm a freak right now?) Still love myself and like to buy things for me too...Now, I mostly collect DVDs...primarily 80's...very rarely, if ever, buy any newer movies. Also will pick up odds and ends of anything that captures the innocence and my childhood) of the 80's. So...no plans anytime soon to get rid of my: vintage ghetto blaster, 80's record albums, ATARI and games (though this remains in a box untouched...I can't seem to part with it), also still have some old comic books, hockey cards, mad magazines, and a few toys. I think I'll love the 80's til I die....though wonder what I might think of Michael Jackson or Gremlins when I'm 75ish...hoping the kid in me lasts til the end!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Big turning point was becoming a Dad four years ago, and priorities have changed drastically. Started getting rid of tons of stuff which was emotioanlly hard to do, but felt so good afterwards (OK...are people thingking I'm a freak right now?)
With you 100%! Not a dad, though.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I only collect 80's movies. Man I have seen way too many and seen those way too many times.

My mate collects Smurf figurines but only the ones from the 80's. The original company Schleich still makes them but they all have the years on the bottom of the smurfs feet. My friend will only allow the 70's and 80's ones into his display cabinet. He is 39 and I have heard his 16 year old niece ridiculing him about it.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh forgot to mention. I built an arcade cabinet and has many video games on there so yeah I guess I collect video games too. Mainly the old ones. 1942 is my favourite.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My friend will only allow the 70's and 80's ones into his display cabinet. He is 39 and I have heard his 16 year old niece ridiculing him about it.
He's a collector, people who don't collect seldom understand *any* form of collecting because they have no passion / connection to the objects being collected.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know those vintage white clamshell DISNEY vhs boxes that you could not remove the paper label from the top of the box, the label was sealed into the box, those are collected by myself along with some PACMAN stuff, Popeye, MISSOURI Tigers stuff, AUTOGRAPHS(would like a Chevy Chase piece some day), old coins, ODD SERIAL#s ON PAPER MONEY and basically anything that takes me back to my childhood(70's/80's).
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home