iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » best werewolf movie (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: best werewolf movie
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Mom´s a Werewolf writer Mark Pirro seems to be a real "tongue in cheek" type of guy.
Some of his other titles are: A Polish Vampire in Burbank, Curse of the Queerwolf and Nudist Colony of the Dead.
Would love to see them [Big Grin]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just sort of thinking that this movie would never get the go ahead today. I have not actually seen it, but I do remember seeing it many many times at the video store [Smile]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably not but this is why i love the 80s, they put all these crazy ideas on film.
Whether the viewer likes it or not, it was at least something different.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely agree dude. I love all that corny stuff. I really do [Wink]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im getting ready to watch the howling 2, your sister is a werewolf
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
im getting ready to watch the howling 2, your sister is a werewolf

Now that is a movie !! [Big Grin]

well, more in a guilty pleasure kinda way.. still good fun though.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sybil danning, what else you need to say
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
remember the first time i watched howling 2 i laughed so much that it began to hurt!

yeh your right there johnny,definitely a guilty pleasure!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
atomik, ur comin up with some bizarre titles iv never heard of - awsome stuff...can i get my hands on the bubank vampire movie ??? is it subtitled?
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now that is a movie !!

well, more in a guilty pleasure kinda way.. still good fun though.

a little more info on this one please...not seen it...bad laughin bad or just bad??
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I also have Bad Moon and it´s a decent flick.
Written and directed by the legendary Eric Red (The Hitcher, Near Dark, Cohen and Tate, Blue Steel and Body Parts)

Dog Soldiers is great!

seein as u pointed out that it was written and directed by a legend...iWILL be watching it now!!! Indeed he is awsome...and i love blue steel

thanks for the back up with Dog soldiers (not Gog as i realised what i typed) doh!

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Special mention: She (1985).

While Tom and D1ck are searching for Tom's sister Hari, who has been abducted by the Norks while the trio were visiting a flea market in Heaven's Gate and was taken to Titanium Mountain, they come across a community whose inhabitants mutate into werewolves at night. They are then rescued from being slaughtered by She and Shandra.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw "American Werewolf in London" on Blu-ray - excellent print! This is definitely my all-time favorite Werewolf film. I have fond memories of seeing this on VHS in the early 1980's as a kid; amazing story with great make-up effects. I've seen a couple of times on DVD, but only recently did I watch this on Blu.

This film definitely has the best werewolf transformation I've seen, and is also my all-time favorite werewolf movie. It was one of the few movies out there that effectively blends humor & drama.

Great soundtrack! The use of "Bad Moon Rising" by CCR and "Blue Moon" (two versions) was very appropriate for the film. It would have been nice if Landis had used Warren Zevon's iconic song "Werewolves of London" (1978) in the soundtrack, but I don't think he could get the rights to this.

The ending was fantastic; the very tragic (but inevitable) death of the werewolf, immediately followed by an upbeat version of "Blue Moon" by The Marcels....

[ 03. October 2016, 16:28: Message edited by: Nostalgic for the '80's ]

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home