iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Any word on Blu-Rays for these 80's horror flicks?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any word on Blu-Rays for these 80's horror flicks?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, with fall in effect & Halloween right around the corner, I'm in full horror movie mode. Having upgraded to Blu-Ray this spring, I'm now on a quest to upgrade some of my movies as well...

So far I've scored:
Night of the Creeps
Friday the 13th 1 & 2
My Bloody Valentine
Lost Boys
Near Dark
Carrie
and Halloween, which if you have the opportunity to see it on Blu-Ray, do it! WOW! I couldn't believe the transfer on this one! The clarity & brightness knocked my socks off!

However, what about these? Anyone know if there's a release coming?

Prom Night 1 & 2
Christine
The Fog

Posts: 2220 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All for Noms and Noms for all...
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for All for Noms and Noms for all...   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I couldn't resist...

web page

Helpful Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2497 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay Noms...

Didn't mean to come off lazy. I know there are alot of horror movie message boards, blogs, etc. that I am not a part of but thought maybe someone on here is & alot of times word gets out on those boards before any kind of official announcement. Heck, I even get excited by a good rumor of a possible release.

When I Googled, I didn't find anything [Frown] . Patience is a virtue I guess...

Posts: 2220 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All for Noms and Noms for all...
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for All for Noms and Noms for all...   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries.

Not aimed at you personally, I've just been waiting ages to use that website and you presented an opportune moment... [Wink] [Razz]

Blu Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2497 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy .. I totally know what you mean about hoping another Rewinder might have info on a Blu-ray with no official release date yet. I'm always looking for even a hint on movies like "Valley Girl", "RAD", and "Modern Girls".

I enjoy when anyone starts a topic asking for advice about movies or wanting to know what I might know. Never hesitate to do so!

I'm actually surprised that the original "Prom Night" didn't get a Blu-ray release when the remake came out. That is my hope for "Valley Girl" in 2012!

Anyone picking up "Footloose" (9/27) or "Fright Night" (12/13)?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Jedi
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found that for new horror film releases on DVD or BluRay, DVD Drive-In sometimes gets the word quicker than the usual sources. And it's a darned excellent website overall, though I can't get there during a free moment at work because of the office firewall which screens out dicey websites. [Smile]

DVD Drive-In

Posts: 1214 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't on your list, but Halloween 2 (1982) is being released on blu ray tommorow with some cool extras on it [Smile]
Posts: 727 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
This isn't on your list, but Halloween 2 (1982) is being released on blu ray tommorow with some cool extras on it [Smile]

Thanks for the reminder Veronica!

I know Ronnie is stoked to get "Halloween II" on Blu-ray since it is one of her favs ..

I'm excited too and I can't wait to watch "Terror In The Aisles" which is supposed to be part of the extras!

I just checked Amazon and it shipped today. [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
Crash .. that is a great link!

I don't visit as much as I used to.. but this place is always good for info:

The Digital Bits

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Thanks Crash & Valley!! I remember the Digital Bits from a few years ago but somehow lost sight of it! As I recall, they used to do a go job with posting cover art pretty far in advance!

Awesome! Oh, I'm all over Halloween II tonight!! I can barely contain myself!!

Crash
Rewind Jedi
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to Digital Bits, and it tripped the virus scanner here at work... Oh-oh... [Smile] Seriously, I trip the virus scanner about once every couple of weeks and was told by IT that it's the increased sensitivity of the settings that does it. Oh well, I shall peruse it later in the comfort of my own domain.
Posts: 1214 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got my copy of Halloween 2 at Best Buy. Got the last one they had, apparently they only ordered 4. Can't wait to watch it!!
Posts: 727 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home