iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Remote Control 1988 movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Remote Control 1988 movie
benny112004
Rewind Curious
Member # 9693

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for benny112004   Email benny112004   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lions gate...really need to put this on dvd .....classic movie!
Posts: 6 | From: NJ | Registered: May 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Rewind Benny..

-

Here's a thread on "Remote Control" you might enjoy:

Remote Control Rewind Thread

-

After finding this pic .. I totally want to see this flick again now. I wasn't a huge fan, but I love to revisit 80's movies that I haven't seen in a very long time. Plus, I've found a new appreciation of for several movies lately by how I view them now. [Cool]

[ 14. May 2011, 11:13: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just watched this for the first time,tuned out to be quite a fun little movie,loved the video shop setting, what with the teen wolf,hamburger the motion picture,jake speed,the delta force, etc. posters on the walls. kevin dillon has always been a likeable actor starring in some great movies (the blob & catholic boys to name just 2) and he turns in another decent performance here,i felt jennifer tilly was slightly underused and should of had a bit more screen time! deborah goodrich also turns in a likeable performance and is also very easy on the eyes! for anyone wishing to watch remote control here's a link to the entire film on youtube http://youtu.be/54M3pBO7LbY .
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm thinking about giving this one a watch.

valley, i just added it to the wishlist k? [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely k!

Thanks to Lovers our youtube afficionado for sending me the link.. I watched "Remote Control" on Sunday.

"Remote Control" is a total B-movie .. but similar to Warrior's observations .. I have to say it was more fun than I remembered. Getting to see several video rental stores with their shelves full of VHS tapes was a blast. The "Teen Wolf" poster was my fav, but there are so many more.

And the fashion can only be described as 80's space age chic. Nothing I would ever wear, but it was quite stylish in a bizarre way.

But my fav part of the movie was the new wave dance club... Retro. It reminded me a bit of the warehouse club out of "Modern Girls".

[ 16. May 2011, 19:35: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very good movie!
I remember loving those video store settings and i´m also gonna watch this again soon.
Dillon is great and this is a must have for Goodrich lovers.

Here´s my VHS cover art, presented in ULTRA STEREO [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home