iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The War of the Roses

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The War of the Roses
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually always thought this was a 90s movie? crazy....and when I was 12 back then it bored me.

I just watched it and loved it!

I've actually admired everything Devito has done as a director.

Turner and Douglas are awesome!....I can see why as a child i'd pass it up.....because you'd really have to be an adult to understand the animosity? right?

I loved how much I actually hate Turner and wanted to side with Douglas then started hating him a bit lol this movie was done very well in my opinion.

-

Posts: 2908 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

12 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this at the drive in when I was 8, and loved it straight off the bat. I guess I was accustomed to that kind of animosity growing up (but obviously not quite as intense as in the movie though).

I love the bit where she is telling a story and...he cuts it short. It's great.

Another scene I love is when he does that thing (you know) to the fish.

Thumbs up for me.

Posts: 2356 | From: On the point, top of the dune | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 12  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this one too. And like you, Muff, I didn't really "get it" when it came out (I think were the same age). I thought it was gonna be like the two previous Douglas/Turner flicks, but was sorely dissapointed.

I appreciate it now, and yes, DeVito has some good directorial skills. Love Hoffa too.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

35 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
muffy, i haven't watched this since i was younger and i did not care for it, but i also don't recall a lot of it.. perhaps i tried to block it out haha.

it's been on cable lately. maybe i should give it a try after all this time.

i loved romancing the stone and the jewel of the nile!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 35  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay Lee and Ronnie I think it's funny that we were all the same age thinking this movie was booooooooooring.

I also loved the Turner/Douglas combo before.

That's how I watched it Ronnie...it was on Encore the other day and i'm like hmmmm wonder if it's ondemand this month and it is...for free.........check it out.

Posts: 2908 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'i just wanna smash your face in'

'Come on, go right ahead'

WHACK!!

Love it

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Author's Homepage   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an OK movie to me

IDK...cant really say to much more about it.

not among one of my favs.

Posts: 1540 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't like it when I was younger either. Now that I'm an adult I can appreciate it LOL.
Posts: 2889 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually kinda liked it when I was younger....haven't seen it in many years though. Need to watch it again as an adult to see if my opinions are the same.
Posts: 3611 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie Jean
Rewinder
Member # 9525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Billie Jean   Email Billie Jean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome movie.
Posts: 42 | From: Stockton, California | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home