iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite 80's Fantasy Films & Music (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite 80's Fantasy Films & Music
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ty Ronnie....i enjoyed the davis commentaries too..
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I might have to replace Red Sonja on my list with another...after watching it again recently I now realize it doesn't hold up as one of my favs anymore..
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool, pyro!

and i caught a piece of Red Sonja the other day....meh...

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watched "Legend" in HD for the first time this weekend and it really was impressive from both a picture and sound perspective. When the Lord of Darkness emerges on the screen.. the colors just pop in a way like never before.

Now, I'm totally interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on the newly released blu-ray! I wasn't going to upgrade to it, but now I'm intrigued especially after reading this about it:

"Legend" is presented in an Ultimate Edition BD, featuring two versions of the movie: the 114-minute director's cut and the 94-minute theatrical cut.

Special features include:

Commentary with Ridley Scott (on the director's cut)
Isolated music score by Tangerine Dream (on the theatrical cut)
Lost scenes
Creating a Myth: The Making of Legend
Music video: Byan Ferry, "Is Your Love Strong Enough"
Theatrical trailers
TV spots
Photo gallery
My Scenes
BD-Live
Pocket BLU App

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that this is a new cut with commentary is definitely a big pull. Wonder what he changed?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan .. my understanding is that Ridley Scott originally planned to release "Legend" in the 114 minute version.. but he listened to concerned feedback from a test screening and converted it to the 98 minute version most of us know. He has stated more than once that he wishes in hindsight he had stuck with the original version.

Has anyone else ever seen the alternate ending?

I know Ronnie has the blu-ray in her possession, but she is currently struggling to find time to watch it. Get on that Ronster! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, I watched the director's cut this morning. Wow, lots of little changes. And the ending was just not the same without the song, Loved by The Sun, which I love. It made the ending less memorable without the song. [Frown] But! I will say that I enjoyed the Jerry Goldsmith score just as much as the Tangerine Dream one! I have the 25th anniversary edition of the soundtrack with TD and not hearing it in the background, changes the movie a bit. The scenes are more extended and the shots are done from further angles as well.

My favorite scene is still where Lily is charmed and dances... then the Lord appears.

Valley, you were right. The lighting in the blu-ray was fantastic. [Smile] Every speckle and shimmer.. the snow, the water... I loved it!

The movie takes a bit to get going at the start.. I kept thinking of the Oona thread that Bamersy started a while back. She is super cool and her lines are awesome.

The whispering throughout the movie always kind of bugged me... Tom and Mia whisper their lines way too much. For a fantasy movie, it tends to be pretty quiet throughout.

It had been a while since I watched it, in it's entirety. I will be making time to watch the features on the disc!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home