iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » The Wonder Years, Family Ties, Doogie Houser, Oh My!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Wonder Years, Family Ties, Doogie Houser, Oh My!
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. My. Gosh. There's a new channel called Hub, that takes the place of the Discovery Kids Channel. It premieres Oct. 10. Anyhoo, four nights a week they're showing Family Ties, THE WONDER YEARS!!!, and Doogie Houser!!! Gotta get my DVR ready!!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wonder Years was an incredible show!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:Originally posted by Valley:
The Wonder Years was an incredible show!

It was probably the only show which made finding a fourteen year old girl attractive close to socially acceptable......

[Big Grin]

Before anyone yells, I was only sixteen at the time!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always liked the Wonder Years one of the few programs that showed the characters really growing up and moving in different directions.Just a shame because of all the music used in it by different artists that it hasn't been officially released on dvd.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pettyfan wrote:
quote:
Oh. My. Gosh. There's a new channel called Hub, that takes the place of the Discovery Kids Channel. It premieres Oct. 10th...[snip]
Here is Hub Network's website:
http://www.hubworld.com/

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
darn it...your talkin about my top two favourite show there family ties and wonder years...dont have a box set and dont have it on sky here....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jebun why you forsake me?
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a shame that Wonder Years is not officially on DVD. Great show!
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fightertown:
It's a shame that Wonder Years is not officially on DVD. Great show!

I agree!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched all 3 back then....I've now checked out this site and will have to remember to look for it....i've been having fun watching all the old reruns on right now.....Who's the Boss, The Cosby Show and Roseanne to name a few.....they isn't enough time in the day [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Who's the Boss, The Cosby Show and Roseanne to name a few.....they isn't enough time in the day
try night time
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I was never a big Roseanne fan, but I did love Who's the Boss. I'm glad Hallmark channel is showing the reruns!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
Who's the Boss, The Cosby Show and Roseanne to name a few.....they isn't enough time in the day
try night time

"Night... is the right time... to get acquainted... with my head"

T. Rex - Dreamy Lady - 1975

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
LOL acquainted or reacquainted?? Great quote.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not sure i have this channel, i will check, but i have been seeing lots of commercials for it...especially that family game night!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it and have been catching shows on it. The website above has a search function to see if it's in your area.

The shows start in the afternoon then replay late at night....they also play Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley...cartoons include GI Joe, Transformers, Pound Puppies, Fraggle Rock!

It's a Rewind TV network for sure....... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah..I'm staying up late watching Wonder Years again just like the old days..Damn them..Why is that show so addicting?
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because:

1. Every girl wanted to be Winnie Cooper, looking as she did and having such good friends, doing cool stuff, and still being a 'proper' girl.

2. Every boy wanted to be Kevin. because he did great stuff, his family was like a 1970s Family Guy episode, and all the cool stuff he did, he did with Paul and Winnie. and when it came to the crunch, there was no way Winnie would ever choose Paul over him.

3. Update: Some boys wanted to be Paul, because although they were a weedy geek, they got to hang around with Kevin and Winnie, do cool stuff, and dream of maybe hooking up with Winnie or one of her friends. Coolness by association with Kevin and Winnie was not too shabby for a second place....

Simples...... [Big Grin]

[ 26. October 2010, 02:53: Message edited by: P a u l ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home