iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » American Idol without Paula...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Idol without Paula...
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know some of us watch AI...just wondering what you think about paula abdul announcing that she opted to not return for next season.

they say it was money, but i don't know.

i love her on AI, as a judge. and i would find it hard to watch without her there but i love the show as well and probably couldn't NOT watch. will you continue to watch the show?
do you think come next season, she'll end up back on the show?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that new one who adores her own voice staying?
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you mean kara?? haha i actually don't know? i didn't hear about her NOT returning, so...
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, Ms. "Sweetie, you just don't have the whole...package" is staying. That's honestly what I think of when I think of Kara. I don't like her at all. I'll continue to watch AI but I don't know what it will be like w/o Paula. I still say Simon is the most honest, and Paula was often too easy on contestants, but I think she balanced the show out. Let's see how ratings are w/o her.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Australian Idol lost a judge this week too when Kyle Sandilands was dumped from the show because of a radio stunt that went wrong. His radio program offered concert tickets to a mother who allowed him and his co host to connect her 14 year old daughter to a lie detector machine, and then probed her about sex and drugs. The daughter then revealed that she had been raped at the age of 12.

Australian Idol started back tonight. Kyle appears in the first 3 episodes. Apart from the loss of Kyle, there are a lot of changes to Idol this year. There are only 2 weeks of auditions - and best of all there are no results shows anymore!!!! The results will now be announced at the end of each performance show!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think it will be the same without paula i liked her on the show even though she was kinda out of it alot she is alot better then kara i just don't care for her and she says alot of dumb things ! i heard they are gonna have alot of guest judges in paula's place then they will probably pick a permanent one from them? sad but i don't think paula will be back ? i think she is done with the show and tired of all the b.s. on it simon is still my fave though!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Simon, too. At least he's honest. Sometimes mean, but honest.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree pettyfan personally i don't think kara knows what she is talking about half the time i think she listens to randy first and then makes her judgement close to his most of the time!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw on Aol news that she will be hosting the VH1 Divas special.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just read Ellen DeGeneres is the replacement.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i heard this on good morning america this morning too i know alot of people like ellen but i am not too happy about the pick? she is okay a little at a time but can be annoying at times also but i guess you can say that about any one of the judges too huh? lol
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
i heard this on good morning america this morning too i know alot of people like ellen but i am not too happy about the pick? she is okay a little at a time but can be annoying at times also but i guess you can say that about any one of the judges too huh? lol

i can't say that i like the pick as well...i do like ellen but don't know about her as a judge. she's not a part of the music industry so i'm wondering why they chose her? BUT we will have to wait and see how she does.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
ronnie i think that is why they chose ellen? they said on the news that ellen would be a good judge because she is like everyone else that loves music and thought she would be honest in judging etc.?
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

perhaps. i heard her interview where she said the same thing. who knows, maybe it will work.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should dump Kara and keep Paula. Ellen will suck on the show ans she's not qualified to judge.
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i agree !!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home