iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Breakfast Club Fan Fiction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breakfast Club Fan Fiction
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

OK - been doing this a lot recently - and I wanted to share just two with you (for now!), to see what you guys think of them. I've been writing a lot of short stories, and by short, I MEAN short - maximum of 150 words, based on various prompts supplied by other people. I've put them all up on FanFiction.com, and also the livejournal site tbc100, where the ideas and prompts all originate - check it out if you want, they are really nice people over there.

Anyway - here they are...

This one was based on the prompt word "Hope"....

Dear Breakfast Club,

It's good that you realise why you needed to spend Saturday in detention. What isn't good is that you don't seem to learn.

I see you in the simplest terms because that's what you promote: criminal intent, athletic superiority, moody solitude, financial aloofness, and intellectual dysfunction. I became a teacher to see kids grow, and all I see in you is bad attitude and disrespect.

A colleague recently said that I shouldn't count on your being there to care for me when I'm old. I don't know what scares me more - that you will or that you won't.

But you've not yet killed my hope - not yet.

Sincerely yours

Mr Vernon

This second one was based on the word "Almost"

Just for a moment, the door had opened.

Just for a while, the world was different.

Just for a day, he had been accepted.

John sat high up on the top row, staring down across the now empty football ground. It was cold, the wind gusting past his hunched form, causing him to flip his collar up against the chill.

What should he have expected? That his world could instantly change? That a series of random events could lead to his finding happiness? He should have known better.

Hands still on his collar, his finger moves slowly to touch the empty hole, where an hour before had sat a single diamond stud. She had been embarassed to ask for it back, muttering apologies, and blaming her parents for demanding that she did so. It didn't change the truth.

No happiness for John Bender. Not now. But for a moment - almost.

Enjoy, and feel free to critique or comment - positively if possible....

Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul these are awesome........."Almost" is my favorite......tell me are you into screen writing? or is it just the writing your interested in and of course the 80's bit......anyway i'm impressed!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dude,those are really gud,you should defo write some more.Maybe one short story for each of the other members of the breakfast club.
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a load of others up - just stuck them up on Fanfiction.com as well.

All my stuff there (20 stories as of today) can be read at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1099065/

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed seeing this the first time around. Love this kind of stuff, good work Paul!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incredible stuff Paul....quite the talent!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home