iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Are you kidding me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are you kidding me?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maine high schooler denied diploma for blowing a kiss to his family.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92681?#comments

I think the principal & superintendent both need to be fired and the kid given his diploma on TV.

I also would sue the hell out of the entire school administration.

What a crock

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is such b.s. pretty sad!! i have seen kids do things alot worse then that and still get their diploma's ?? just not right!!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of an example that is just as bad that I read about here in Australia in the "Herald Sun." Following the Columbine High School massacre, authorities decided to introduce a "zero tolerance" policy on weapons usage in educational facilities for children/adolescents to stop it from happening again. (That proved to be a true success, didn't it?) Instead, it has lead to such absurd, indeed outrageous situations as Lindsay Brown of Miami, Florida in May, 2001, being thrown in prison for a week until $2,500 bail could be posted, being suspended from high school for five days (both of which meant that she couldn't attend her graduation ceremony) and having her high school examination results withheld from her for a while all because she unintentionally took to her high school a kitchen knife in her car which she didn't even know was there until the police told her about it. The knife, by the way, was first seen by a high school official. You can read about more witless cases similar to this by clicking on the link beneath the first one.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,25425,00.html

http://www.thisistrue.com/zt.html

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They suspended a local girl for carrying an eyebrow shaver in her purse, which she forgot to remove after the weekend was over and returned to school on a Monday, and they are considering expelling her.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bullets are cheap.... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At my high school graduation a kid was denied his dipolma for getting caught smoking in the school parking lot the day before (right after our rehearsal). He was 18 so he wasn't breaking the law and the teacher who caught him was actually there having a smoke as well.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home