iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Worst movies you've ever seen (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst movies you've ever seen
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cable Guy, Ace Ventura 2
It took Liar Liar and the Truman Show for Jim Carrey to get back into my good books.

The Spirit
Not even Samuel L. Jackson and a scantily clad Eva Mendes could rescue this.

Richard Tracy
To this day, I've never been able to make it to the end.

Jurassic Park 2: Lost World
I was so hyped for JP2 but Spielberg took damn near three hours to say: "That T-Rex wasn't so bad after all". Dinosaurs in the city seemed like the coolest idea ever, but by the time they finally arrived, we were beyond caring.

Tenacious D: Pick of destiny
Started off so well, but then someone got the bright idea of not having any jokes for 20 minutes straight.

Hook
More long winded shmaltz from SS, seriosuly; how many of you were rooting for the captain?

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny rules!

Now gimme a powerslide. Full throttle.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww Kash, Jurassic 2 is my favorite of the series!

The 2 worst films I've ever seen, so bad that I almost walked out of the cinema, are

"8mm" starring Nicolas Cage - it was beyond disturbing, it made me feel sick.

"Random Hearts" with Harrison Ford and Kristin Scott Thomas - the single most dull film I've see in my life.

There are plenty of B movies I've watched on DVD, but it's not fair to count them, films like "The Net 2.0" and "War Games 2".

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silent Hill, Four Weddings And A Funeral and Alone In The Dark (2005) are the first ones that come to mind.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hunt for Red October, The Hunt for Red October, The Hunt for Red October, The Hunt for Red October. Oh, were we supposed to name more than one?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be Kind Rewind!!!!!!!!

The worst movie ever made in the history of movimaking!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bio Dome.

Pauly Shore, Stephen Baldwin, stumbling into an eco-dome they mistake for a shopping mall when they are looking for the mens room. Then trashing it. Hilarious.

Oh, and if you need any more info, remember this. The hermetically sealed, time-locked, controlled atmosphere dome had windows that opened...

Be Kind Rewind is a masterpiece by comparison.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eeeeh... no!

Nothing beats Be Kind Rewind.....!

I felt like I was being tortured, while watching it.

They should show it to prisoners at Gitmo, and we would have every location of every Al Qeida and Taliban group in a matter of minutes! Plus the precise latitude and longitude for osama's secret cave hideout!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TERROR TOONS

Worst Movie EVER!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Jay...not too many movies I shut off in the middle, but "Be Kind, Rewind" was one of them. I remember seeing the preview and being super excited, seeing some cool 80's references...but darn it was awful.

I also really struggled getting through "Eyes Wide Shut"...I know I might get some flak for dissing a Kubrick film, but this was painful...went to the theatre to see it when it came out, and would have left in the middle...were it not for all the nudity [Eek!]

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only film i have walked out of because of sheer boredom was Unbreakable with Bruce Willis just a terrible film.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never liked Natural Born Killers. Any movie where they use a hand held camera is too annoying to watch. Cool World. I never got through it. Shanghai Surprise, not good...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think that Unbreakable is one of the better, if not the best Shaymalan film!

Well, there's no accounting for taste!

DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolf Creek and Battlefield Earth are the worst movies ever.
Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolf Creek is just a very disturbing movie. Very, very disturbing.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Unbreakable but then again others probably think some of the things I like suck too. The Talented Mr. Ripley, Alone in the Dark, Dumb and Dumberer, and Battlefield Earth were stinkers to me.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:

Disturbing - yes, but awesome for me!

quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us :
Silent Hill and Alone In The Dark

I liked Silent Hill, probably more so because I played the entire video game series. Alone in the Dark wasn't a very good flick, but had good CGI.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes.... :
Bio Dome

Couldn't agree more! Terrible!

quote:
Originally posted by Mike. :
The only film i have walked out of because of sheer boredom was Unbreakable with Bruce Willis just a terrible film

I disagree with that. I love that film!

quote:
Originally posted by jdocster :
Natural Born Killers

Seriously? Not the greatest movie ever, but I wouldn't call it the worst.

OK, now a couple of my own - The Animal with Rob Schneider. You wanna talk about a BAD movie. I had to force my way through this one big time. Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat was pretty awful for me too. Sorry all you Bruce Campbell fans....though he wasn't too bad in it.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh i forgot one,The Wrestler.The soundtrack was the only thing good about the movie.
Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see now:

-Mac and Me; still the worst theatrical experience for me; even at age 6 I could tell they were just knocking off E.T. without any attempt at originality or heart. Thank God they never did make the sequel they promised at the end (unless of course they give the honors to Mel Brooks...)

-Sandler's Going Overboard. While he usually tries to be funny, unlike so many of his contemporaries these days, this early effort could quite possibly be the worst comedy ever made. Not a single thing is funny at all; moreover, the film isn't even arranged in a rational manner, making me wonder if the editor got drunk after realizing how bad the film he was putting together was.

-Surf Ninjas; Leslie Nielsen deserved better than this, forced to act as a Dr. Strangelove knockoff type in the middle of a film so shallow--and devoid of rational plotting without any sustinance--that by the end of the film you'll wonder if you've just been abducted by aliens, because you'll forget what happened in the last 2 hours of your life.

-Celtic Pride; a reasonable enough premise by Judd Apatow earlier in his career that gets so mismanaged in execution that you'll turn off your VCR at the end feeling rather angrier than you have in a long time, especially since the supposed payoff pay nothing believably off; even the great talents of Dan Aykroyd and the always underrated (this doesn't do much to help, though) Daniel Stern can't save a ship that's sinking the moment it leaves port. Now, with more rational people behind the camera and a desire not to settle for a Hollywood ending, this could be a good flop to remake at some point in the future...

-Disorganized Crime; disorganized is certainly right; I can't remember anything at all that happened in the darn film, or what it was even about, or even what genre it was supposed to be. That's all you need to know.

-Cheaper by the Dozen; vicious hateful piece of trash not fit to show your children; yes, I have to say it like that. A perfect encapsulation, in a way, of all that was wrong during the Bush Jr. years, showing anyone with half a brain to forget what they're trying to say on screen, because like most people would say about the Bush Jr. administration, the filmmakers are lying through their teeth about their so-called message, which is really: hate thy parents and thy shall get anything you want. If I could have, I would have jumped through the screen and beaten all 12 kids bloody, perhaps to death in the worst cases, because they were all materialist lice whom their father would be commended for walking out on had they had the guts to take that rational course. If I'm not mistaken, holding on to things irrationally is what sent Anakin Skywalker down the path to sociapathicality, which, regardless of your opinions of the prequel trilogy, is a valid point to make; all 12 kids would have been prime disciples of the Emperor in that universe, as they make Anakin's mistakes here 10 times over, and yet we're supposed to applaud them for it. Steve and Bonnie Hunt deserve much better than this.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing some other posts on here i forgot about Battlefield Earth now that truely is a bad film,but for some reason if it's on tv i will watch it thinking it can't be as bad as i remember it and it always is.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remembered another one which I thought was shocking - both for certrain characters, the complete lack of any suspense or surprise in the plot, and all round general boredom :

Star Wars Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:

I know people like the killer Mick Taylor in Wolf Creek. That's what made it so disturbing for so many Aussies, is that he reminded us all of someone we know. Bit rough around the edges but has a heart of gold, goes out of his way to help... but Mick had just that one little flaw underneath all that - the homicidal maniac bit!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of those mentioned, I like all of these:

The Cable Guy
Four Weddings and a Funeral
The Hunt for Red October
Unbreakable
Wolf Creek
Disorganized Crime

As far as terrible mainstream movies go, there are way too many for me to list. Now days, Hollywood makes at least 10 crappy films for every one I even kind of like.

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch, will have to give Jurassic Park 2 another chance, see if 12 years has made any difference.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night at the Roxbury
The Tuxedo
Suburban Commando
Last Action Hero

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home