iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you watching now? (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: What are you watching now?
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

38 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finished The Expanse, and can't wait for the next series.

Star Trek Discovery has me hooked already, three episodes in.

Also enjoying Electric Dreams, a series based on the short stories of sci-fi writer Philip K D!ck.

Then, in just over a week, it's Red Dwarf XII...

Posts: 3650 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 38  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting back in to The Americans, after a missing a couple seasons. If anyone hasn't seen it, there is some great 80's nostalgia. We are rewatching season 3 because that's where we sputtered out a few years back. Good episode with Yaz/Yazoo being a big topic!
Posts: 665 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Rewatched all 12 Fawlty Towers episodes. Still fun, love the cast and Basil is a rat [Big Grin]

Posts: 7276 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -

Watched first Mork & Mindy and Game of Thrones seasons. Loved both of them!

Posts: 7276 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I recently watched the second season of Jane Campion's bleak and moody Top Of The Lake, titled China Girl.

Decent follow-up series, well-acted by a great cast (including a grey-haired Nicole Kidman), but wildly uneven
with lots of loose ends after the show's finale.

Posts: 2115 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fawlty Towers Great stuff. Na-nu na-nu.

Been watching a lot of Matchgame with Gene rayburn. Also Family Feud with Richard Dawson and Ray Combs

Posts: 1573 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny Roark, did they bring back the Johnno character from the first season of Top of the Lake.? The first season was good with good acting. But I never understood the Holly Hunter character. I also thought Elisabeth Moss could have used a dialect coach. Her New Zealand "accent" was on and off. I have to wait for Netflix to hopefully pick up season 2.
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Johnno returns.. but only for the opening episode. Robin (Elisabeth Moss) returns to Australia where this season's story
takes place, not New Zealand as in the first season.

Posts: 2115 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Johnny Roarke!
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

38 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently watching:

Star Trek - Discovery
UFO - superb, and the best theme song ever.
Dirk Gently Season 2

Posts: 3650 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 38  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I just posted this, about watching The Americans again lately, but wanted to say again, watch this show! So good. they are also doing a great job as of late putting some great 80's music in to the episodes. They really seem to be hitting the mark with that.

It's on Amazon Prime.

Posts: 665 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I have watched it in real time gordo, and I really like it. Can't wait for the new and final season.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Pittsburghgirl - Sweet! Yes we were watching in real time but then got busy and missed almost two seasons. Good to be back in it. I think I have a couple episodes in season 4 left. Boy this season has been intense and some really depressing story lines.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Mork & Mindy seasons 2 & 3, Game of Thrones seasons 2 & 3 plus first 13 The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. episodes (box 1 here in Finland, too bad that they never released box 2 [Mad] )

All good/great stuff. It was fun to see very young Corey Feldman in two season 3 M&M episodes.

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
I've been watching the Olympics steady! Always sad to see the Olympics come to an end, so trying to soak up the last few days.

Anyone else watching?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes gecko. . Mostly the curling, downhill skiing, some ski jumping. Whhich compititions do you like
Posts: 1573 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curling!
Posts: 2105 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nothing really which is shocking because i used to watch all kinds of sports when i was younger.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
I usually get in to skiing (downhill and CC) and have been enjoying those quite a bit again. I typically do like curling but it hasn't grabbed me as much. Snowboarding and Short Track Speed Skating have also been a lot of fun this year.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I finished the series Seven Seconds on Netflix. Highly recommend! I am hoping for a season 2! Just started Hap and Leonard season 2.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched the ten episode The Vietnam War (2017) documentary.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877514/

I think that every human being on this planet should watch this.
It´s fantastic and very sad stuff which definitely makes you think and shows that don´t believe anything authorities tell you before you make your own opinion.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Stranger Things season 1, excellent stuff. Lots of Firestarter feel in this one. Loved the music and the kids were great.

Mork & Mindy season 4, the weakest of the four seasons but not terrible. It was cool to see guests like Paul Reubens and Martin Ferrero.

Game of Thrones season 4, fantastic stuff.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

I recently watched the first season (10 episodes) of The Exorcist TV series, starring Geena Davis and Alan Ruck
as the parents of two teenage daughters, one of whom starts to show some very disturbing behaviour.

Towards the end of the season it loses a bit of its strength with a storyline about a cospiracy to kill the pope,
but the earlier episodes are pretty good with several genuinly creepy scenes. Plus there's also a connection to
the events from the original Exorcist that's actually very well done and makes sense, but it isn't revealed untill
episode 5, so i won't spoil it here.

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Started The Crown last week and am in to it. I think they do a good job of making you feel the pressure that a person in that position feels. I'm curious if any of the UK rewinders watch it. I'm also curious what your feelings are on the Queen and the Monarchy.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

In the past week, I have watched both Safe and The Five on Netflix. Both Harlen Coben British limited series dramas. I liked both, but I thought The Five was better story and acting. Michael C. Hall (Dexter) plays the lead in Safe, about a Father whose daughter goes missing. He did an English accent which I thought was okay. I did catch him saying "sweater" instead of the U.K. "jumper" a few times. What are our friends' from across the pond opinions on Michael C. Hall's performance?
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home