iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Super Bowl Hopes (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Super Bowl Hopes
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so we're starting into the NFL playoffs and such. Maybe it's too early to predict a Super Bowl matchup, so from the teams that are left, who do you HOPE makes it to the big game? I'm pulling for the Titans or the Dolphins for the AFC. For NFC, I'm pulling for the Giants or the Panthers. I realize that the Dolphins are a longshot, but c'mon. They were 1-15 last season. Go Chad!

Oh, and I am so, so, so, so glad the Cards beat the Falcons and Sand Diego beat the Colts (this because of an idiot I work with).

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a Panthers/Steelers or Panthers/Titans Super Bowl. I'm a happy camper as long as the Cowboys aren't in it although I favor Carolina........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you will see very soon...I am waaaay out of the football loop. Any chance of....GO BEARS GO! Didn't everbody cheer for the Bears in the 80's? Can someone fill me in on the contenders? I do remain interested, but the last several years have been really busy....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vikings vs Dolphins

The Vikings need to start getting revenge for their four Super Bowl losses.

The Dolphins will be first with the Chiefs, Steelers and Raiders to follow.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey motley, it's you and i next week.. team vs. team anyway [Wink]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by kevdugp73:
As you will see very soon...I am waaaay out of the football loop. Any chance of....GO BEARS GO! Didn't everbody cheer for the Bears in the 80's? Can someone fill me in on the contenders? I do remain interested, but the last several years have been really busy.... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">

No, see, the Bears screwed up and lost their last game. How, how, how can you do that, especially when you know it depends on you getting a wildcard spot or not???? Anyway, I'm still a loyal Bears fan. They'll go back to the Bowl one day and win another one. Hopefully.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your on my turf next week Ronnie lol. I think if Minnesota wins today they will be the ones who play the Panthers. I'd like to see a Birds/Cats matchup though.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a Bears/49ers fan for about 20-25 years, haven't had much to cheer about with exception of the 49ers success in the 90's, and the Bears appearance in a Super Bowl in the 2000's. The Bears will never get anywhere unless they can draft or acquire a franchise QB. Detroit is in the same boat, although the Bears are a much better team.

My Super Bowl picks are iffy right now. I don't like a lot of the teams left, I don't want to see the Giants repeat. For the first time in ages I don't really care who wins. I do think the Dolphins are a great story but don't see them going far.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I can't believe the niners decided to keep Singletary. Singletary was a helluva player for the Bears but that doesn't always mean one's gonna be a great coach. I would have figured they'd explore their options a little more. He seems like a showboating clown with some of the antics this past year.......
pettyfan
Member # 2260

See, see, I am not the only one who thinks the Bears need a new QB!!! So what if Grossman was a good college QB? That means nothing in the pros. Orton tries hard, I think, and I like him better than Grossman, but still...I think Grossman's an idiot. When he plays I yell very mean things at him, LOL.

As for Singletary, I guess the niners are keeping him cause he's done okay with them since he's been coaching. Hell I don't guess they could get much worse than what they were. Who knows, though? It seems to be that time of year for firing coaches, so I guess anything could happen.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dolphins dream season appears to be over. Very very nice season for them following last years dismal 1-15 record. Now the real test will be next year when expectations are going to be much higher for them.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't mind seeing Singletary as coach of the 49-ers. I guess he is there for good as most of the games he coached were wins or were close games. Really too bad about Alex Smith, he never really materialized. They have some good receivers, it's just getting them the ball. I guess they get a high draft pick, so maybe that will be addressed.

The Dolphins couldn't get anything past the Baltimore defense. 52 yards on the ground. They had a great year though, and Tuna was surprisedly quiet. Maybe next year....

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Detroit gets top pick in the draft. Damn I feel sorry for some poor college kid even if he will be an overnight millionaire.......
pettyfan
Member # 2260

The Super Bowl's on NBC this year, isn't it? Guess I won't be watching it.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Predictibly the Vikings lost to the Eagles today. After being written off a little over a month ago the Eagles are flying high right now and could prove to be a tough matchup for anybody.

So we're down to the final 8

in the NFC we have

Arizona vs Carolina
Philadelphia vs NY Giants

in the AFC (not sure of the matchups for next week)

San Diego
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Tennessee

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
This year Bruce Springsteen is doing the Super Bowl. I like him, but it's hard to think of him doing a venue like that.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm predicitng a Chargers-Eagles Super Bowl.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Baltimore's playing at Tennessee and Chargers playing at Pittsburgh reportedly without Tomlinson whose injured. I hadn't heard if Big Ben's gonna start.

P.S. It's me vs. you Ronnie!

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Gotta pull for the Titans and Chargers.
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping for an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl; apart from the novelty, both teams are well-run, ethical franchises who'd deserve the title (that plus the knowledge gained earlier in the year that Jim Johnson's defense can get to Roethliberger at will, and the additional knowledge that maybe now that his curse has apparently been broken by his statue being put atop the Comcast Building, now Philadelphia's tallest, William Penn may start smiling on all his franchises). If this cannot work out, I'd like an exotic Cardinals-Titans matchup, both of whom make nice changeups to the tradition parade of champions (although speaking of curses, one may argue the Cards might not win until the Pottsville Maroons get the 1925 title back).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe i know how everyone feels about the cards. but i will support them no matter what. it would be great if we even get to compete for the title.. but that's probably a long shot. still!!! go cards!

and good luck motley. [Smile] i hope it's a good game, if your guys blow us away, you cannot rub it in, deal?! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Deal I'm saying nothing lol. The Cards have suprised people all year. I think it will be a closer game than a lot of people are anticipating.....
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Looks like the Panthers are gone till next season.....
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Cardinals layed a thumping on the Panthers.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I was shocked the Cardinals went on to win easily after the opening Carolina score. Who you guys picking for tomorrow?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Pittsburgh and NY Giants, even though I'd prefer to see san Diego and Philadelphia
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home