iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always great to see Philly lose Riptide....I can't stand them either.

xchazx....I think the Devs defense will be fine....they just had a terrible game last night. The lack of scoring is their problem.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw a good fight between Goddard of the Penguins and Cote of the Flyers. Both guys were throwing some bombs but neither guy would fall. I'm looking forward to the rematch sometime later this season.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
Just saw a good fight between Goddard of the Penguins and Cote of the Flyers. Both guys were throwing some bombs but neither guy would fall. I'm looking forward to the rematch sometime later this season.

those guys were throwing haymakers.

the devils have more problems than just scoring, though that is their biggest problem. it's only 3 games in, so i'll chill for now. but this looks an awful lot like last season already. we could easily be 0-3. we beat the isles by one goal, and our second goal in that game was clearly goalie interference. and we got a lucky bounce against the pens to tie it up, though the game winner was nice.

we'll see how we do thursday against the thrashers.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
blackhawks fire savard and hire quenville. that seemed like a rash move. there had to be something else going on.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252791&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post xchazx. Thanks for the info. That does seem like a pretty quick panic move only a handful of games into the season. I know they have high expectations for their team this year.

Blueshirts had a terrible game last night. Very sloppy all night. Powerplay, PK....brutal. And a very dumb major penalty by Mara....totally stupid what he did. I don't mind losing, but not like that. I do have to give Buffalo credit though....even with their injuries, they are a hell of a team. Can't say enough about Vanek.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The coach that could be in trouble is behind the bench down in Anaheim.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was a but surpised too about Savard's firing, but I guess the writing was on the wall when Scotty Bowman joined the team, he sees Quenville has more experience and they weren't playing well this year. Wonder where he will go next?

Buffalo looks good this year, still no Tim Conolly though, they need him. Vanek, Pominville and Roy are ones to watch. Can't say enough of Ryan Miller either. Did you see that crazy bounce off the boards last night at the end of the Montreal-Boston game? I don't know why Price has to come out of the net like that, but they stopped skating in the third period and the Bruins got a point out of it.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
devils really walloped the thrashers last night. thank god for broduer.

let's get that parking lot parade ready.

and now rolston is hurt and will probably be out for a month. as if our offense couldn't get worse, it just did.

f**k my life.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Brodeur has been a stud so far.

How about Mikko Koivu for Minnesota? 1 goal and 8 assists through 3 games.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Minnesota looks awesome early Sam....no problems scoring there.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
Brodeur has been a stud so far.

How about Mikko Koivu for Minnesota? 1 goal and 8 assists through 3 games.

and he did it while playing jacque's trap. too bad it looks like gaborik doesn't want to stay.

and how about that rookie from dallas getting a trick in his first game. he's almost single handedly outscored the devils.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Some great hockey this weekend....I was happy with one point in Detroit. What a game though....wide open, run and gun....I love it.

Marty and company look tough....Minnesota and Montreal win again. A bunch of good teams this year.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been hearing a lot of talk on local sports radio about Marian Gaborik's status. Doesn't look like he will resign, and the fact that the Wild are coveting Chris Higgins is fueling the rumour mill. Gabby is an amazing player who could really do wonders in a more offensive system, but the probable 8 million asking price could destroy our cap space. There's interest too in Saku playing with Mikko in Minnesota, but Saku has been really lighting it up of late, plus he is the captain.

So Avery was playing his old team last night, looked like it worked as Dallas won. Avery is usually such a meathead, but he had some kind words for the Rangers organization. After last year's incident with Brodeur, Avery has to be the lowest on your list eh xchazxx?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
gaborik is good as hell but he is also very injury prone(he's already missed the last two games). it will be interesting to see what MIN gets for him, especially since they've been playing so well to start the year.

avery is a dooshbag. just a low class hockey player, and that has nothing to do with the rags. i give them credit for letting him go since they were successful when he was on the ice. he'll be playing in the KHL soon enough once he wears out his welcome in DAL.

i read on the HF Boards that he(avery) had some big time run-in with sam gianccone, an msg announcer who was supposed to interview him between periods. this guy barch from DAL had to seperate them as they got into a loud verbal confrontation. any truth to this 80's rocked?

EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been away rom my computer for awhile....stupid memory issues. But I am back....had a little tear in my eye when I saw there was a hockey area now.

Total Avs fan here. Grew up in the Detroit area too. Going to Joe Lewis with a Co shirt on...not a good idea.

Not too proud of my team right now. I think you all know why. Thanks to whoever started this! It's like I am home now.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
You guys are right about Avery. If he's not on your team, he's a real a-hole. He tried to stir it up a bit during warm-ups last night. He'll never change. Reminds me a bit of Ulf Samuelsson. I didn't here anything about that scuffle between periods. It's probably true. I was so frustrated after that loss that I didn't watch any of the postgame. I must say though, he helped the Blueshirts last year....he's all yours tomorrow night xchazx.

Nice win again for you Riptide. Habs look mighty good.

Welcome EleanorJune....nice to finally have a female in this thread. [Wink]

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
We should rename him Sean Knavery ebing hockey's biggest villain and all. He stirs up $%it like no one I've seen, Matthew Barnanby and Dale Hunter are close though. I'm just so glad we don't get to play Dallas that much being in the west now, it really made my blood boil when he was dating hometown beauty Elisha Cuthbert, thank god they split.

Eleanor June, great to have you aboard, nice to have some Avs talk.

Yes the Habs have 11 of 12 points, but because the throng is so fanatical here you would think they are having a losing season. People wondering why Kovalev doesn't have more points, the defense is allowing 30+ shots a game, all kinds of stuff. What is the state of your local sports radio? I know NY is really harsh, but hard to believe they could be this fanatical like here. No wonder some big free agents were hesitant to play here.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

If the Wild end up trading Gaborik they better get a couple good players + a draft pick. Fair value is all I'm asking.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey Rip....For years we wondered why Kovalev didn't have more points.

NY radio SUCKS for hockey. They very rarely mention it at all....it's sad.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Kovalev has been an enigma pretty much his whole career. He has always had breathtaking skills, but without the consistency or work ethic to match. The man should be a future hall of famer, but his stats don't translate. He had a career season in the early 2000's playing with Jagr and the Pens, and we did get an 84 pooint season from him last year. He's a player that has to be coddled, handled with kids gloves that sort of thing. Wish he was more like the awesome Ovechkin.

Hmmm, no Rangers talk on radio? That's too bad. Probably can't break the Mets/Yankees monopoly.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
not much to add here, but here is a little blurb from TSN about the avery/giannone run in.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253360&lid=sublink07&lpos=headlines_main

with the injury to holik, the devils called up pierre luc letorneau leblond. hopefully he is on the ice with avery tonight.

EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't follow a lot of teams other than the Avs, Wings..because I can't stand them and the Blues because my boss likes them. I have center ice so I do catch a lot of games though.

Here are my thoughts so far this season. I am not feeling Budaj this year. Totally missing Theadore. Did anyone see Laperriere cuss out his own teamate and whap him upside the head? It was Salei I beleive. During the Flyers game last week. He caused them to play two down. As soon as he joined Lappy in the box, he lost it. I love it when the mic him up and you can listen. As soon as the Flyers scored their second goal, Lappy took his hand right upside the back of his head. I have is on DVR it will be there forever!

Thanks for the welcome. I am kinda used to being the only girl in a hockey crowd! Doesn't bother me though.

Go AVS!

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Nothing is hotter than a girl who likes hockey with the exception of the surface of the sun I reckon.

I think the Avs were in a lose/lose situation as far as goalies go. I don't think Budaj or Theodore are good enough to make their team a top notch contender in this league.I see both the 'Lanche and the Capitals being first round losers in the playoffs unless they can improve their netminders.

I too have the Center Ice package for the fourth season now. Will never go without again.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for the post xchazx. It says that Avery made a remark about Gianonne's wife. It's one thing to trash talk, but don't talk about one's family....classless indeed.

Looking forward to Devs/Dallas tonight....should be interesting.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

As you can tell I'm a big fan of the NHL but my love of hockey goes much deeper. I'm also a huge fan of college hockey namely the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. I did a quick scan of all the current NHL rosters and found the following former Sioux now playing in the NHL.

Zach Parise--New Jersey Devils
Travis Zajac--New Jersey Devils
Drew Stafford--Buffalo Sabres
Brian Lee--Ottawa Senators
Jason Blake--Toronto Maple Leafs
Jonathan Toews--Chicago Blackhawks
T.J. Oshie--St. Louis Blues
David Hale--Phoenix Coyotes
Ryan Bayda--Carolina Hurricanes
Mike Commodore--Columbus Blue Jackets
Matt Greene--Los Angeles Kings
Ryan Johnson--Vancouver Canucks

As you can tell there's some pretty decent players on that list and a lot of future stars. I'm also sure there's a few guys who are in the high minors who are close to being called up and I believe that over the years there's been 100+ Sioux who have played in the NHL. A bigtime hockey factory if there ever was one.

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home