iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sammy Reign In Blood Hain:
Rangers really took a thumping losing to the Stars 10-2. Sorry 80sRocked.

This is really starting to get quite embarassing lately. To think how much I was praising this team 6 weeks ago.....

7 goals allowed in the third period? Ridiculous.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add the Habs to the mix. They stunk out the place tonight. The Price is not right.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't believe we lost to ottawa in the shoot out i think if vanek had not gotten hurt we would have won he is alot better then roy when it comes down to scoring in the shoot outs !! but we do have a hard time with ottawa anyways !!dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanek is out 3-4 weeks with a fractured job, too bad he was having another good season.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i know he has a broken jaw and they did surgery on it sunday!!! he was doing really well this season gonna be tough without him for sure!!! and we play ottawa wednesday night again !!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Devils keep rolling w/o Marty. Tonight they took a chunk out of 80'srocked Rangers 3-0. I wasn't rooting for either, but it's tough going seeing so little offense from Gomez, Drury and co.

The habs horror show continues, a 6-2 loss to the Flames, we're getting blown out of the rink. Absolutely rock bottom, what are the Sharks going to do to us? We might even not make the playoffs......

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rangers actually won a game tonight! Took a shootout, but it was against Washington after all. We'll take it. This playoff race is tightening up.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
great game last night sabres won in the shoot-out against the san jose sharks 6-5 !! [Smile] [Cool] [Wink]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That was a heck of a Sabres win, I wish they could have showed that one on TV. I saw there was some ceremony before for the Buffalo plane crash, saw an interview with Lindy Ruff where he was talking how the players were affected, some of them even saw the plane in the sky.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Watching the game of the week, god, it's getting ugly, The Flyers just scored three very quick goals in the 2nd period. Rangers playing as soft as the Habs right now.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penguins fire Michel Therrien as head coach.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
well last night's sabres game was a bust!! they lost to the hurricanes 3-0 terrible game they took miller out too!! and yes lindy ruff is one of the three from the sabres that saw the plane crash the other 2 were spacek and kalinin ! this morning they showed some of the people that died on the plane on the morning news i believe 6 were from the buffalo area so far!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sammy Reign In Blood Hain:
Penguins fire Michel Therrien as head coach.

I am shocked and just a little disturbed by their decision to fire Therrien. He can't help it that the boys don't want to shoot the damn puck instead of pass, pass, passing to each other! I know I haven't visited this thread in so long; the Pens are just an embarrassment this year. I don't know wtf their problem is.
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately a coach is always an easy scapegoat
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

The Penguins just lost in a shootout to the lowly Islanders in a President's Day matinee
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
80's rocked, give us a call. Is Renney gone? What's with the Blueshirts? They are calling for Carbo's head here too. And speaking of crumbling seasons, I guess you know the Habs went out and got 39 year old Mathieu Schneider from Atlanta for some draft picks. Since we didn't resign Mark Streit from last year, the powerplay has been bad, so I guess Gainey is trying to get a spark and stop the losing. Hopefully a few more personnel changes before the deadline.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, how are the devils doing?

[Big Grin]  -  -

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Brodeur is coming back soon. That has to be scary for the rest of the Eastern Confrence. The Devils towards the top in the conference with Marty on the shelf for all this time and him coming back and being rested right before the playoffs.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i know sam, i was just being a bit douchey. i don't miss a game.

they have far exceeded my expectations when broduer went down. i was just hoping we would be in a position to make a run at a playoff spot until marty came back.

i'm glad schneider got moved because i didn't want him on the devils. i know monty hall needed a PP qb, but i think he's really declined as far as overall play goes. we'll see if he's able to help them.

i see the devils making only a minor move for a defenseman. i don't much like andy greene so i could see the devils going after someone like leopold or kuba. but with almost all of the teams in the west in some kind of position to make a playoff run i could also see the devils not making any moves at all.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
80's rocked, give us a call.

I don't know what else to say?????? This team has freakin' sucked for the last month and it wouldn't surprise me if they blow the playoffs now. I've been calling for Renney's head since the all-star break, but I don't think he's going anywhere. Scoring 1 or 2 goals a game is not going to cut it in this league. I haven't been posting too much here because there's only so much crying I can do! I'm trying to take the high road like my buddy xchazx did when his team was in the Sh!tter and just not post at all. I see he's back now though....understandably.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
What are the NY media saying about Renney when they are done talking about 24/7 A-Rod coverage? I just can't believe Chris"captain clutch" Drury is doing so poorly. Gomez is in a huge slump too. Amazing how topsy turvy the season can go, the Habs included. Suddenly Ottawa is back from the dead, and the Devils proved to me they might come out of the east after seeing them beat both the Bruins and Sharks on the weekend. Scott Clemeson is the Ty Conklin of last year, the Devils should try and keep him as Brodeur is getting older and reduce his workload.

As you might have heard, Gainey has spoken and Kovalev has been told to stay home saying he's not helping the team with his poor play. So the speculation is either he is on the trading block and played his last game, or Gainey is trying to light a fire under his a&# and send a message to the rest of the "passengers" on the team. They will have their work cut out for them tomorrow when Ovie and the Caps might carve up the soft defense.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
There's like a four way tie for 4th to 8th with 66 points with Rangers, Panthers, Habs and Sabres. This is going to be interesting. Panthers shut out Devils, whodathunk?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's gonna go down to the wire now for these playoff spots. Should have never happened for us both Riptide. It is all A-Rod around my area right now. He sure made a fool out of himself, but that's for the baseball thread.
Media coverage around here is a joke as far as hockey is concerned. I don't live in The City, but I am only about 30-40 minutes away. New York is a football/baseball city and that's it....Knicks do get some decent coverage though. The tri-state radio stations VERY rarely mention hockey.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
good game last night for us we won 4-1 stafford scored the first goal and the last one i think it should have been 5-1 though we got robbed with the goal pomminville made? that was a bs call that puck was in!!! just my opinion ! but i am glad we won miller was excellent too!! [Smile] [Cool] [Wink] [Big Grin]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Hey Stafford played college hockey at the University of North Dakota!!!! Lots of good players in the NHL who used to don the Sioux jersey. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home