iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leave it to me to get this thread rolling. Maybe because my Rangers start off with 2 awesome wins! [Big Grin] Could be a nice season after all. Like I always say....preseason means nothing.

Let's keep this thread strong all year. All hockey talk - anything goes.

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping I do well in all 4 of my fantasy hockey leagues this year. None for money but all for pride.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 2 first official games last night overseas. I can't wait for the season to start here, the first Habs game is next friday night verus Buffalo.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a die hard Oilers fan...I will bragg about our wins here often [Razz]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wagering either Pennsylvania team will be the ultimate winner this year (depending, perhaps, on what the mood of William Penn's oft agitated spirit is).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell no, can't stand the Flyers.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched all 4 games live past weekend
and Rangers seems to be a tough team this season,
or is it just that Bolts are so bad.

I hope that rangers will keep Korpikoski up.

Also Senators got something going on right from the start.
On saturday they lost only because Gerber´s bad goaltending.

Ruutu did his job and Crosby was really frustrated.

[ 05. October 2008, 22:34: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pardon my ignorance here... is this hockey or ice hockey?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice Hockey Stitch....NHL
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hockey doesn't officially start for me until the devils play, which is this friday against the isles. devils are the most improved team in the toughest division and should contend with the penguins for the division title and, hopefully, a long playoff run.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
You meant the toughest division in the east and not the league right? There is no comparison to the teams in the West. The Devils got Rolston back, any others they picked up? Their scoring has been woeful the past few years.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devils still have the finnish rookie Anssi Salmela on the roster.
He was really good offensive defenceman last year in the finnish league.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Devils still have the finnish rookie Anssi Salmela on the roster.
He was really good offensive defenceman last year in the finnish league.

anssi is still with the team and from what i've read he will be playing this friday night. he may even get a top 4 pairing so he'll get a lot of ice time. hopefully he takes advantage of it. we could use another offensive minded defensman. plus he's not big but he plays a pretty tough game defensively.

i have no problem saying the atlantic division is the toughest in hockey. rags, devils, pens, flyers beat up on each other all year long and are all considered cup contenders. don't let some west coast bias get in the way of the facts. the atlantic had 4 teams finish in the top 7 last season. and i don't buy this BS that the west is far superior. DET may be, but don't think that the rest of the teams out west would have cakewalked through the east.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
xchazx....I notice you keep leaving the Rangers out. They're tougher than you think.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be leary of the Rangers right now because from what I hear Lundqvist's health might be a concern. They also don't have anybody who will be able to fill in for the departure of Jagr. Granted they took two from Tampa Bay but the Lightning will have an extremely tough time making the playoffs this season.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Your right....they definitely need Lundqvist. Dubinsky looks like he's ready to break out this year.

Believe me....I know that 2 wins early is nothing to get too excited about, but let the other teams start before we say who's making the playoffs and who the best teams are. Preseason and "on paper" means nothing....especially in this sport.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
xchazx....I notice you keep leaving the Rangers out. They're tougher than you think.

uh, what?

when i talked about the atlantic being the toughest division i, against my better judgement, included the rags. take another look.

should i have put hugs and kisses around their name?

they got their 4 pts in europe and that's fine. i still think they have a lot to prove. their goalie has two cranky knees and let's see if zherdev and naslund can replace jagr and straka. and they never replaced that douche avery. you better hope the kiddies step up.

and in no time you will see what a sieve redden is. all the OTT fans i know hated him and couldn't wait for him to be gone. they were ****ed he wouldn't waive his no trade clause. he was good when he was paired with chara. once the big man left, redden has been awful. but you'll see that soon enough.

i can make the argument that out of all the teams in the atlantic, only the devils got better. the flyers added no one and lost umberger, the pens lost hossa and now have two top d men out for a long time, and the isles, well, i won't waste anyone's time with that mess of a team. we lost no one of significance and added holik and rolston. our defense is all no names, although martin and salvador will be sick, but this same defense gave up the fourth fewest goals last year. and we've got this goaltender, i forget his name, but he's pretty good.

friday can't come soon enough.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love the fire xchazx! A true hockey fan indeed. I must have missed that you mentioned the Rangers because "rags" isn't in my vocabulary. I can't wait for Friday either. Let the games begin!

BTW, Holik ain't what he used to be. Don't expect too much from him like I did when he was on my team a couple of years ago. He's up there in age too. You can have him back. [Wink]

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I love the fire xchazx! A true hockey fan indeed. I must have missed that you mentioned the Rangers because "rags" isn't in my vocabulary. I can't wait for Friday either. Let the games begin!

BTW, Holik ain't what he used to be. Don't expect too much from him like I did when he was on my team a couple of years ago. He's up there in age too. You can have him back. [Wink]

your team completely used him wrong. he was great on the devils because we knew his limits and used his strengths. the rags thought he was a #1 center and paid him as such. holik isn't that type of player.

i will always love holik. he's like the prodigal son coming home. he spent the last six years in purgatory, now he gets to come back and show everyone what devils hockey is about. he'll now play on the largest line in hockey, along with zubrus(6'4" 225) and rupp(6'5 235). and they'll be going against other teams #3 pairing defenseman, he's looked great in the preseason so far. we'll see.

i really do like you and in any other thread i would be super respectful towards you. but in this thread, it can't be done, for you are a rags fan. or blueskirts fan if you will. and being one means we're natural enemies, like the cobra and the mongoose. i hate the rags more than any other team. it's just part of the baggage devils fans carry with them.

i'll keep things cool, though.*

* unless the devils suck and the rags are good then i'll probably be a baby about it.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
While I admit Holik was great with in his first stint with the Devils, he really got way overpaid with the Rangers, Thrashers, he's just not the same player anymore. I'm not that impressed with the Rangers pickups of Redden and Naslund, the one that I like is getting Nikolai Zherdev, who I can't believe Columbus gave up on. He's going to be good.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I like you too xchazx. Doesn't mean we can't go at it here. It's hockey!, and we have a great rivalry. In this thread, say whatever you want and I won't take it personally. I hate the ****ing Devils just as much as you hate the Blueshirts. It should be like that. That means we are true fans.

That goes for everyone. No holds barred here. [Wink]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I have a total of 0 Rangers on my four fantasy teams

As far as Devils go I have Parise on two of my teams and also have Brodeur on one of the teams that has Parise. Then I also have Gionta on one of my teams.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
What's the deal with Shanahan? Did the Rangers sign him yet? Or are tey still wating to see if they have the cap space to sign Sundin?
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
What's the deal with Shanahan? Did the Rangers sign him yet? Or are tey still wating to see if they have the cap space to sign Sundin?

they'll never be able to sign sundin unless they release or trade redden or roszival, which ain't happening. the rags are capped out, or at least enough not to be able to sign sundin.

the last rumor i heard was that he and forsberg were going to join colorado sometime during the season.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Forsberg's ankles can't hold up any longer. I feel that if Sundin's going to play anywhere this season it will be with Montreal.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home