iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » David Blaine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: David Blaine
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching Dancing with the Stars tonight, and saw the preview for the new "trick" that David Blaine is doing. Some of the stuff he does is crazy. I just saw that he said he was going to catch a bullet with his teeth...now really...how is that possible without getting your head blown off...and how do you practice for something like that...and why would you do something that stupid that some other stupid person might try and copy?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trick, according to Teller (yes, Teller--he does occasionally speak), is stunts that LOOK dangerous but really aren't--only an idiot would try something that actually is dangerous. His variation on the bullet catch he performs with Penn has, by his own account, 3 seperate safety systems, and they'd still be OK if only one worked (don't ask specifically what, though; if he told you that, it wouldn't be magic, would it?). Now some of Blaine's tricks do raise my eyebrows--freezing himself in ice, diving from 100 feet in the air into nothing but cardboard boxes, and the 24 hour dunk in the water tank that almost killed him a few years back--but I think most TV audiences are smart enough to realize he's a professional if nothing else and wouldn't try it themselves.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish he'd just go back to doing his street magic. That stuff was freaky but cool. But now he just does stuff for publicity.

Penn & Teller have always been pretty cool.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish he'd do his famous 'disappearing David Blaine' act.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Masked Magician already has the copyright on that one.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
I wish he'd do his famous 'disappearing David Blaine' act.....

Better yet
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before all this "Copperfield" crap he does these days, his street magic with cards and sleight of hand tricks were amazing. He should definitely go back to that. If you want to see unbelievable tricks with sleight of hand, check out Darryl and Ricky Jay. They will blow your mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXzNctV5ejM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgm4wZCACYg&feature=related

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Fewer south parks are as funny as the David Blaine one.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Before all this "Copperfield" crap he does these days, his street magic with cards and sleight of hand tricks were amazing. He should definitely go back to that. If you want to see unbelievable tricks with sleight of hand, check out Darryl and Ricky Jay. They will blow your mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXzNctV5ejM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgm4wZCACYg&feature=related

i love slight of hand tricks. both of these guys are amazing.

david blaine had a couple of specials i've seen where he did some amazing stuff too. i'm not really into his more death defying tricks.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other day nothing was on and I was channel surfing and there was a Criss Angel special on. I was watching it....cant say I was thoroughly ENJOYING myself....but he did this thing where he totally made himself over to look like David Blaine...and then he asked a lady running a store if she knew who he was and then when she said "Yeah, you're David Blaine" he shop-lifted! I laughed my *** off!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
I wish he'd just go back to doing his street magic. That stuff was freaky but cool. But now he just does stuff for publicity.

I agree. I liked him when it was all about the llok on people's faces with the street magic he used to do, but ever since he's focused on the (publicity) stunts, I'm just no longer into him.
Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home