iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » THE Ultimate MJ Fox Thread!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE Ultimate MJ Fox Thread!!
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I adore this actor as a professional and as a man. I know a lot of 80s lovers on here feel the same way and thought it was a good idea to get peoples thoughts on him and his performances. If i could meet one person it would be him. I wont bother stepping on peoples toes with what i think as this thread is for me to read what others have to say about him. However, here are a few questions for you to ponder and hopefully discuss. Also, i included the below link to get you started.
1. Which character did he play which sucked you into liking him and why?
2. His best performance?
3. What scene made you laugh?
4. Should he have been chosen over another actor for any particular 80s role?
5. Is he THE most iconic 80s actor?
6. Your favourite MjF movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDZaEHKvMw&feature=related

[ 04. November 2011, 10:04: Message edited by: oneyedwilly ]

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
make up gone wrong??
 -

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:

Marty McFly. Because time travel is heavy and Marty handled it well. Well enough for us to care enough about the character and wait 4 years for a sequel.

quote:
2. His best performance?
Casualties of War.

quote:
When Marty meets Doc in 1955.

quote:
Although I'm in joint 1st position as The Rewind's biggest Cruise fan. But MJF probably would have been as good as Tom Cruise in Risky Business.

quote:
One of the most iconic, certainly. BTTF and Family Ties still hold up today.

quote:
Its a tie: Casualties of War for the acting and BTTF part II for sheer entertainment value.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a big fan as well....a fellow Canadian ehhhh!

Scott Howard....became quite obnoxious as the Wolf, but came around in the end...showed that he was vunerable and wanted to fit in like everyone else...but in the end, did what was right.

2. His best performance?
Gotta go with BTTF...one of my top 5 movies of all time....he really made the movie. This fact is reinforced when viewing the footage of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly, which someone posted back in the day...Eric is great in his own right, but BTTF would never have been the same without Michael.

I liked most of the scenes with him and Doc in BTTF....they fit well together.

I could maybe see him replacing Matthew Broderick in Ferris and/or Project X...

I think THE most iconic 80's actor is a stretch (some serious competition), but an iconic actor form the 80's nonetheless....

Hands down...Back To The Future

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
matthew broadrick was originally chosen for family ties and the casting staff was all for him until 1 particular staff member said youve got to see this young kid from canada
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own 13 Michael J. Fox movies:

Midnight Madness
Class of 1984
High School USA
Poison Ivy
Back to the Future
Teen Wolf
The Secret of My Success
Bright Lights, Big City
Casualties of War
Back to the Future Part II
Back to the Future Part III
The Hard Way
For Love or Money

I love them all except Bright Lights was just "ok" and For Love or Money just "neat".

First Fox movie i saw was Back to the future in theater and that was pure magic.

2. His best performance?

Marty McFly in Back to the Future, he was born to do the role.

It´s not that he makes me laugh but he makes me feel good.

No.

No, but he´s still a legend.

Back to the Future.
Poison Ivy is close second because it´s sooo sweet and innocent
and i really like the chemistry with Nancy McKeon and the kids are cool.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Duh!...Marty Mcfly of course. Because it's just a timeless character.

2. His best performance?

Again, gonna have to be Mcfly..Fox managed to do what few actors could throughout the BTTF trilogy. And that is with each movie, he was able to keep the character fresh, and most importantly, extremely charismatic and likeable.

Hmm...that's a tough one because alot of scenes make me laugh. But, I'd say it probably would have to be a tie between his scenes with Christopher Lloyd in BTTF, and Margaret Whitton in The Secret of My Success...he plays very well off both actors in these movies which produce some very funny and memorable scenes for me.

I would have liked to see him reprise his role for the Teen Wolf sequel. But Teen Wolf 2 was so horribly written that it might have destroyed his career..so maybe it's a good thing it didn't happen.

I wouldn'y say he's the most iconic. But he may very well be one of the most likeable.

BTTF, obviously because it's my favorite 80's movie of all time.

[ 05. November 2011, 11:55: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always loved alex p keaton and consider family ties one of the great sitcoms. and of course the first time i saw him in back to the future was great too. as atomik pointed out he's been in a lot of great movies. but my favorite role he played, one missing from atomik's list, was doc hollywood. without a doubt my favorite mjf movie.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Marty McFly

2. Marty McFly

3. what the hell is a jigowatt? scene

4. tom cruise's role in risky business, it just seems more like a fox character.

5. you could make a case for alot of actors on this one, so its a bit diffcult to answer quickly

6. The back to the future trilogy

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

There isn't a single one - although I guess most people would automatically go "Marty McFly" because that's his best known one. Strangely, that's probably the one role that doesn't really grab me at all....

2. His best performance?

Brantley Foster in The Secret Of My Success.

Loads of them, but never in a 'belly-laugh' way.

Not necessarily - although there were a few he could have done. Maybe Andrew Clark in The Breakfast Club, or Blaine in Pretty In Pink.

No, of course he isn't. In his genre (whatever genre you think he's in) there were better, more 'iconic' actors. Tom Hanks could have stepped into a fair few of his roles. Others, like Bright Lights Big City, have a number of actors who could also have played the role successfully. And don't forget he wasn't even first choice for BTTF. He's certainly one of a group of actors whom you identify with the decade, but THE most iconic? No way.

The Secret Of My Success, closely followed by Doc Hollywood.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
speaking of doc hollywood, is it me or does the town of grady seem like a great place to live?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
speaking of doc hollywood, is it me or does the town of grady seem like a great place to live?

Only if you like squash....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
if i had bridget fonda serving it to me, i could learn to like it
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Oh, she was serving it up, definately..... [Smile]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Scott Howard. He seems very down to earth when he is not the wolf and is a character that seems like he actually has real life problems.

2. His best performance?

I would say Scott Howard also. His character seems so natural as if he is just being himself.

3. I remember when I was 18 taking something lysergic and watching BTTF thinking it was the funniest movie ever made (of course it's not) and I especially remember being in absolute tears when one of Biff's sidekicks says "I don't wanna mess with no reefer addicts."

It would have been great if he was in Teen Wolf Too but I should also add that they also should have improved the script dramatically and got the original Stiles back too.

There's too many to say he is the most iconic, but he certainly is one of the most iconic.

Teen Wolf followed by High School USA

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
anybody watch the back to the future trilogy on november 5th?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home